04: Koshikawa Usagi

"I told you to dismiss your class early." A scruffy pro hero grumbled at his friend as they sat in the car. "Now we're going to be late."

His blonde companion, also a pro hero, nervously chuckled and scratched his head. "Sorry! They were all begging for an extension in their quiz! Who knew that they found English hard?" He tried to explain himself, trying to ease up his usually serious friend.

"Still." muttered the dark haired pro hero. He crossed his arms as he looked out the window, estimating the traffic and time they'd be able to arrive at Nighteye Agency.

||

You've changed in so many ways. A year and a few months have changed you so much. In terms of skill, you had become more alert and had started to understand how to activate and deactivate your emitter quirk. Attacking in a short range, using your mutation, had improved, making you more alert and more serious when in action. With the numerous gruesome tasks they have already ordered you to do, you were slowly becoming numb to the feeling of remorse and pity. You slowly lost emotions.

The only emotion you still had was fear.

Fear and hesitation, but the latter was fading away as well. You couldn't do anything but obey their commands, in fear of being punished. You feared getting hurt and, as selfish as it sounds, you preferred having to do horrible things instead of getting hurt or punished.

But that didn't really stop the pain they have caused you; it just lessened.

You have changed. Your eyes had dark circles under them as you lacked enough rest; lacked enough sleep. Numerous scars littered your body as the constant experiments as well as tasks you had to go through always seemed to hurt you, always seemed to give you a new one each time. Your once brilliantly colored hair had faded to white because of the frequent stress you were under, not being able to relax even once, to the point you weren't sure how to relax. You pretty eyes that once held some glimpse of hope and wonder were now dull and held fear.

You have changed so much. They have changed you, from being just a little girl, to becoming this obedient little soldier who still had a lot to learn.

Even with the many changes you have undergone, you still didn't know why they were doing all this. Why they had you do these things, either alone or with the other kids.

You often wondered why you and so many other kids were there.

||

Months. The Nighteye Agency had been looking into different Yakuza groups for all sorts of activities involving drugs and so.

Koshikawa Usagi was one of those groups that had caught their eye. Aside from recent drug trade activities, there had been sightings of members of the league of villains coming in contact with some of the known members of the gang.

With this, they dug deeper into it, collecting more information about said organization.

What they found was rather shocking.

Pro hero, Sir Nighteye wanted to start up an operation about it, wanting to gather a bunch of heroes to help him get more information as well as stop this organization from continuing whatever they were doing.

So now, he waited in the room, waiting for the other heroes he called in for.

Fatgum and Ryukkiu were already there. They didn't bring their internships as per Nighteye's request as there would be some heavy topics that may be too disturbing for them. He didn't want them to handle such until they were actual sidekicks.

There was Tsukauchi and a few of his men from the police department as well. Bubble Girl and Centipider were on standby, greeting the entering heroes. Some staff of the Hero Public Safety Commission was also there as Nighteye had mentioned possible human trafficking and he thinks that the commission will be able to help those who may be involved in it.