25: breaking the news

"What do you think you can do to help her then, huh?" Aizawa asked the psychiatrist in front of him.

"Erase all her memories of you."

Aizawa stared at her for a moment. He was, no doubt, worried after what she had told him about you and how you only tolerate everything for him.

How you only trust him.

Hearing that makes him think you're a double edged sword.  Not that he wouldn't get hurt for you, but you'd end up hurting yourself and others around too.

But this? Was that the only solution? Removing himself from your memories. Erasing everything. Forgetting all of the moments he cherished with you? Was that the only solution?

"No. That-... that can't be. You-... that's can't be the only solution." Aizawa refused to believe in this. He refused to let this be the only solution to this problem. Your problem. "There must be some other way." He wasn't going to let you forget. No. Never. You've gone so far, only for it to be erased?

"Can't you just erase her memories of her time in the lab?"

"If I do, then that'll break her mind. That's her childhood foundation, Sho." She told him. "You can't erase the childhood foundation, especially the important ones-"

"Her traumatic experience in the lab is important?!" Aizawa couldn't understand. He couldn't stay rational. Not when its about you.

"Her traumatic experience is what makes her, her. If we remove that, its like removing all of whats makes (Y/n)... (Y/n). The foundation, the basic knowledge she got from there will be erased. She won't be the (Y/n) you know, if we try and remove those memories."

"Then do you have another solution?! I do not want her to forget the moments we had, even if she just tolerated everything and not enjoy..." Aizawa looked at his bandaged arms sadly. "I don't want... I don't want anything on her mind tampered with... especially not our moments."

That's when Rosefield realized it wasn't just the girl, but Aizawa himself. He wasn't just drawn to you because of you... but also because you reminded him of someone they were both close friends to.

"Shouta... I might just have another way." He sprung up, looking at her in total desperation.

"What is it?" His voice was desperate something you wouldn't see ever in Aizawa Shouta.

"It might take weeks, or months even."

"What?" The demand and desperation was something she doubted anyone had ever heard.

"Distance." She told him softly. "You two need distance from each other, as well as therapy." She looked in his eyes as he was thinking, an unreadable expression on his face. "Its a longer process but that means no tampering with her memories... she won't forget, but she'll have to endure days without you."

"Distance." Was all Aizawa said.

"It won't be easy... especially with her attachment to you."

Aizawa looked at her, a new feeling coming off of him. "That... that'll work... how long?"

"It depends. Depends on how she'll take it. How she'll manage."

He hated this. If he erased your memory, there's a possibility that would backfire on them. You'll start from square one, and you might as well end up causing destruction once you wake up from the erasure.

But distance. Distance for an unknown amount of time sounded unbearable. It sounded painful, in a mental way. It sounded like torture. Was he really going for this? Going for this mental torture as a treatment for you?