07: New Place?

"Wait so... we're assigned to these kids?" Pro hero Present Mic, or Hizashi Yamada, questioned as he and his friend, Shouta Aizawa, walked to the hospital where most of the survivors from the collapse were.

"Yes... thats until we find their families." Aizawa explained once more.

There were heroes who were assigned to some of the surviving kids that did not have any family to alert about them. Some had already had family coming in and claiming them. Of course, there were checking of DNA and documents to be sure they really were their families.

Those who were left were just a hand full of kids and they were assigned to certain heroes.

That included you.

"And what about this thing?" Yamada waved around the paper given by Sir Nighteye.

Aizawa rolled his eyes. "You really didn't listen to the meeting, did you?" He grumbled when his friend sheepishly smiled at him. "That's a copy of the recovered data sheet about the kid you'll watch over."

When they were still trying to rescue survivors, they had also uncovered several files about the people who were used as lab rats. Some were damaged to the point they couldn't be read anymore while some were useless due to the fact that the person was already dead.

Yamada was lucky to have gotten a data sheet about the kid he was gonna watch over.

Aizawa didn't receive any, but was instructed to take a look at the kids who had no families yet and maybe choose one or two to look after.

He wasn't too keen about doing so as keeping kids in his home wasn't something he liked. He was fine with babysitting 20+ kids since he was a teacher, but letting them live under him was something else.

As they entered the hospital, there were rooms crowded with family members happily reuniting with the children and other people who were used by the facility.

Sadly, there were a lot more people on the benches, mourning over a lost love one, a lost someone they ended up meeting again only on their death bed.

Nighteye had stated that his agency as well as the police will be the ones to investigate and interview the survivors as well as other people who may be involved. They'll be the ones to try and understand as to how those victims even got there.

As they headed to the room where the girl Yamada was suppose to watch over, they could hear yells and screams coming from the same direction.

||

"Stay back!"

S.A.25 was woken up by a panicked scream. His steel eyes fluttered open to see a teenaged girl with black and white hair standing on a separate bed, holding something in her hands, looking like a small weapon.

"Wha-"

"Leave me alone! I-I am armed!"

She pointed the small metal objects at the nurses present. S.A.25 quickly got up at the realization that he was in an unfamiliar place. It had ist resemblance of the lab, but it was obviously not the same place.

He watched in fear when the nurses didnt even seem too afraid of the girl even when she held a metal object. He thought that these people were almost like those of the lab.

"Ma'am... that's a spoon."

The tone of the nurse's voice didnt give off fear but more of a confused tone.

The girl on the bed seemed to panic at the lack of fear. Usually, even just getting near a metal object scared the living daylights out of most of the kids within the facility, but here the nurses were unfazed. To her, adults feel like another breed.