17: Visitors

Hugs were now your thing. Always clinging onto Aizawa, maybe hugging his leg whenever he's cooking or his arm when he's checking papers while you and Shohei watched tv in the living area.

You also clung onto Shohei or the cats or your plushie.

Aizawa even got to move back into his bedroom and sleep with you through the night, seeing as you got lonely since Shohei now slept in his own room.

You seemed to be adjusting quite well

However, it seemed you adjusted only towards Aizawa and Shohei. Your fear of strangers and them getting into your personal space wasn't exactly changing. You'd still run crying if one of the 1A students saw you and tried to talk to you or something like that.

There was a time when Iida walked into the teacher's lounge in order to ask something from a teacher and then found you there. Without meaning any harm, he went to ask you what you were doing there and you ended up hiding under Aizawa's desk again.

Since Aizawa was busy in another class and Iida was really worried that you started hiding under the desk with tears in your eyes, you used your quirk to create a distance from him. Making him float and moving him away from you.

He got what you meant and left you alone, going back to finding the teacher he was looking for.

When Aizawa came back, you were quick to hug his leg while still shaking.

Nezu, after seeing the whole thing, suggested that you should get used to having people around. People that weren't just Hoshiko, Yamada or Kayama. He meant other people like his other colleagues and his class. So Aizawa started with his colleagues, since his class still needed prepping.

They encouraged the other teachers to try and make a conversation with you in school. Of course, they knew that it had to be one by one and that they still had to maintain distance in order to not freak you out, but there were times that some accidentally made you cry.

"They're all friends." Aizawa tried to talk you into it, seeing if his words actually affected anything. It kind of did. You were much calmer, less crying, less hiding under the desk whenever someone from the staff tried to talk to you.

You, still learning how to make a full sentence, would answer back with maybe a word or two and that was it.

The staff were all happy that you were answering back, but you always shied away. However, progress was progress.

Aizawa didn't want to put too much pressure in you to adjust, but the thing was that he didnt want what happened to Midoriya to happen to anyone else. The fact that you used your quirk on him and Iida worried him as he didn't want anyone else getting hurt.

You just had a destructive and unknown quirk.

It was dangerous.

Even for you.

So aside from just having the staff come talk to you, Aizawa suggested the idea of having people over at his house.

He wasn't too fond of it, but at least just some colleagues, maybe stay to talk about their work then try to talk to you.

Of course, you shied away from them and Aizawa just had to think of another way.

Then the thought of a play date came into mind.

||

Friday afternoon came, you three were all in the living room area. You sat by the coffee table, scribbling down things while Shohei watched animal planet and Aizawa was cleaning.