Chapter 17

"What are you doing here?" he walks towards me. "I was found on the side of the road" I giggle but he didn't seem to laugh with me, no one did. Until, well... Cadenza, "Wait that's THE Alexandra!?" she bursts our laughing aswell as Demetrio and another guy.

"Chiudilo" he demands (Shut it), I don't know what he said, but they all stopped laughing so...

His eyes stayed focused on mine, it was intense but damn was it hot. Snap out of it Alexandra, your in the lion's den right now! "Fiero, Enzo and Alessio, get your girls to bed before they give me a headache." he asks and they do as he says. "Demetrio get Iris to prepare the guest room closest to mine." Antonio speaks again and Demetrio nods and walks away. "Matteo" Antonio says but doesn't need to say anymore for the man to walk away.

"You're drunk aren't you?" Antonio asks but I don't really think he was asking, he clearly already knew the answer. He walks over to me but just stands there and hovers over me. "What am I gonna do with you" he chuckles. "Getting me food would be a start, because I'm starving" I look up into his eyes. He just rolls his eyes and guides me towards a kitchen.

He makes me face him and before I know it, his hands are on my waist and he is lifting me up to sit on the counter. His hands didn't move when I was sat, they just lingered there. 

I could smell his expensive cologne and damn did he smell good. 

He finally removed his hands and went to the fridge. He grabbed a water bottle and gave it to me, "Sober up" he shot me a small smile. "That's not food" I groan. "I'll get you food, just drink" he chuckled and I did as he said.

I had finally got a little bit of myself back from drinking all that water but I wouldn't be completely sober until I got some sleep. Antonio had made me some pasta with Italian sausage and damn it was good. "How did you learn to cook like that" I look away from my food to look at him.

"My mother thinks that a man should know how to cook for their future wives, so she taught us how to cook." He says with his back turned to me. "No offense but I cant really picture you cooking for your future wife" I laugh. "I just cooked for you didn't I?" He turns around and furrows his eyebrows. "Well yes.." I take a moment and think about what to say next.

"Besides, I wont have a future wife" He walks towards me and sits on the corner of the table beside me. "And why's that?" I ask, intrigued. "I don't need a wife by my side. Love isn't meant for everyone" he explains to me. "Well we can both agree on that" I snort and continue to eat my food.

"You don't want a husband, or kids?" He questions me. "Kids, never. A husband is useless, I can go out and pick up a guy any night I want to, to pleasure me and be done with them that same night." I Put my fork down and look at him. "My mother wants me to have kids though, and a husband." I roll my eyes at the thought of me with a man and children. Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

I could tell that he was confused so I elaborated, just a little. "My family has a business and usually woman don't run our type of business. The only reason my mother runs it is because my father passed away..." I take a moment and calm my thoughts down. "She wants a man to help run our business when she passes it down to me, and the children are for when I retire the business. We must keep it in the family." I sigh at the idea.

I never really realized how cruel it was for someone to be born into my type of lifestyle. Yes, I love it, and my parents were lucky that I wanted to join the family business but for children who don't want to...

I would never force a kid into this, they deserve to be normal. To not have to look over their shoulder for just being someone's kid. Its just pure evil to have kids in our lifestyle.

"Don't you have another family member to take over when you retire?" he asks. "My little brother but I will never allow him to take over, not even if he wanted to, not as long as I'm alive." I reply and he seemed very interested. I had to be careful though, not to say the wrong thing.

"Anyways I'm getting tired, I need sleep" I groan. I pick up my plate but he puts his hand up to stop me. "I'll take care of it" he insists. I nod and place the plate back down.

As I got in the room, it was very neat. "If you need anything at all, my room is at the end of the hallway" he says as he is helping me over to the bed.

The room was full of greys, whites and blues and it was very relaxing to say the least. "Now sleep, I'll bring you aspirin in the morning" he tucks me in. "Goodnight Alex" he smiles and make his way to the door. "Goodnight Ant" I giggle.

...

"Papa come look at what I made" I shout from the kitchen. My father runs in and his eyes light up. "It looks delicious Niña" he says to me. (Child) He grabs a fork and scoops up a piece of my lasagna. As he ate it he made weird noises that made me laugh.

"Jefe" Viktor walks in (Boss), my father nods his head and turns his attention back to me. "I must go but I'll be back soon my child." He smiles ear to ear. "Can I walk you out?" I ask and he nods his head.

We made our way to the entrance and he puts his coat on. As we got outside, he stopped me. "I want you to have this" he pulled a small box out of his pocket. I opened it to see a necklace worded 'Papa' on it. "I love it, thank you Papa" I smile brightly at him. He placed it around my neck and then proceeded to give me a huge hug and made his way to the vehicle. Mother came out and waved him goodbye before he entered the vehicle.

As soon as the door shut, it exploded.

My mother and a bunch of guards were running to the car as I just stood there... frozen. Its like I was paralyzed.

That day, my life changed for the worse. That day, I lost my Papa, my hero, my heart....

A million emotions ran through my head, anger, sadness, hatred, regret, despair, sorrow and so much more.

When it finally hit me what had happened, my legs were sprinting. Pedro had caught me before I reached the burning car, if he had not, I probably would have tried to get in it.

"PUT ME DOWN" I shouted "PAPA, PAPA"... No one would let me near the car. Pedro had locked himself and I in a room to get me away from everything. The worst thing, was that I knew I couldn't save him.

...

My body jolted up in complete fear, I was drenched in my own sweat. It was just a nightmare, calm down Alexandra.

I got up and made my way down the hall to Antonio's room. I knocked on the door and I quickly heard a 'come in' so I did.

Please leave a comment and vote.