Chapter 20

"Boys!? Amelio!?" I was entirely confused. "There was an explosion at the house, your the safest place for him to be right now" Vlad handed Amelio and I gladly took him into my arms. "Pedro, Talia!?" I start worrying. "They are fine, don't worry" Leonard reassures me, which calms me down. I look beside me at Antonio who seems worried and confused at the same time. 

"Boys this is Antonio Toretto," I pause "my friend" I hint at them. Haden gulped as I glared at him. Imbeciles. "Lleva a Amelio a la casa del tío Dominico" I tell Vlad and Leonard. (Take Amelio to uncle Dominico's place) They nod and Leonard takes Amelio from me. "Who else is here?" I ask. "Todos, están en Dominico's" Haden explains as the other two walk away. (Everyone, they are at Dominico's) "We'll talk more on the way, bring the SUV around." I tell him and he nods, making his way to wherever the car is. 

"What's going on? What explosion?" He asks me, I could tell he was a little worried, it was quite cute. "Aw you care" I giggle making him roll his eyes. "Everything is fine" I smile at him. "I'll see you around Ant, don't miss me too much" I see Haden come around with the car and I blow Antonio a kiss as a joke. I get in the car and we drive off.

We pull up in front of the house and I quickly make my way inside. Everyone quickly pushed aside so I could pass through. I made my way quickly to Dominico's office where all the high rankers in my mafia were. I push the door open and their attention all turns to me and Haden.

"I need information now" I demand as I walk over to the desk and sit on it, dangling my feet over the edge. "Someone was definitely sending a message" Vlad speaks up. "But who is the question, what idiot attacks the Mexican Mafia" Dominico slams his hand down on the desk. "An idiot is who" Viktor jumps in. "What if its because we were looking into your parents' disappearance" Leonard says to me. "They wouldn't explode the house" Dominico objects. "Not them, the people looking for them" Leonard explains what he means.

"ZIP IT" I demand, "I need to think for a goddamn second" I sigh.

Who would be stupid enough to attack an entire mafia. "Viktor did you get an ID on the person following my parents?" I ask him. "Nothing came up" he sighs. "I want you to hack into Interpol and try there" I suggest and he nods, leaving the office. "Vlad I need you to find a big enough house for our men to stay in. I also want to move Dominico's house there." I order him. "Why?" Dominico asks, confused. "We don't know if they know your location too so I just want to be sure." I explain my reasoning. "Leonard your in charge of finding out if there is a mole in our familia" I look down at the ground. I don't want to think that there's a mole, but I have to be sure. "Dominico let everyone know what is going on, just don't say we are looking for a mole" I finish and they all walk out of the office except Haden.

My phone rings and I look down to see an unknown number. "Hello?" I answer is cautiously. "Alexandra, its me" a familiar voice replies, "Aspen" she continues. "Oh hey, what's up?" I ask her. "I was wondering if you wanted to get together for coffee. Alessio is busy and the girls are out with their boyfriends so I'm alone right now." She explains to me. "Yeah sure, but how did you get my number?" I honestly am confused on how she got it. "I stole Antonio's phone and found it" she giggles through the phone. "I'm so proud of you" I laugh, "I'll come pick you up and we can go together" I explain and she quickly agrees. We both hang up and Haden looks at me confused. "I'm going out, bye" I leave the office, leaving him there alone.

After picking Aspen up we drove with the music blasting. We were singing and laughing and it was honestly so fun. She may have sneaked out so she didn't have to bring a guard, but no biggy. I'm trained enough for the both of us, and we're just gonna go get coffee, not get drunk... again.

"So Alessio eh?" I smirk at her as we are walking on the sidewalk with our coffees. "He's my husband A" she laughs hysterically. "Oh" I look at the ground embarrassed that I didn't know sooner. "I swear you are as clueless as a lost puppy" she continues to laugh while I roll my eyes playfully. 

I loved these types of things. Just being able to act like I'm normal, feeling like I'm normal. Of course I love being a boss of hundreds of people and being able to kick ass but I also wish I could have a little bit or normality in my life.

I think that's why I love hanging out with the girls. They make me feel normal. Like I don't have so many responsibilities. "So is Alessio and Antonio twins?" I ask her. "No, Alessio is older by a year" she explains to me. "But I know where you're coming from, I thought they were twins too once I saw them both" she laughs.

"How did you meet Alessio?" I ask her, genuinely intrigued to know how. "Oh you're gonna love this story" she smiles. "So I used to be a dancer for a club. I came from a very poor family and that was the only job I could find that payed decently." I could see the sadness in her eyes as she spoke of her past. I guess there is some bad sides of being normal. "One day this other dancer was picking on another one of our dancers who was new. There's one thing I hate most in life, people who belittle others for their money" She sighs. "I sucker punched the rude dancer, Alessio had seen what I did, and he came up to me, offering me a higher paying job in the club. It was Antonio's club but he had no objection about it." She smiles remembering the moment she met the love of her life. "Since then, they have all become family. I would do anything for them and they would do anything for me. Its the perks of them being in the mafia-" she cuts herself off.

"I shouldn't have said that..." she looks down at the ground. "I already knew, I have known since the first time I met Antonio" I laugh hysterically remembering the day I met him and how I had to act like a scared little girl. "How?" she says, confused.

"He saved me from three guys who had cornered me in an alley" I look at her. "Either he was on a gang or the mafia, so I searched him up once I got home" I lie a tad bit. "But you still hangout with him and us? you aren't scared?" she shyly replies. "Antonio never gave me a reason to be scared of him so why would I be" I smile because it was the truth, he never gave me a reason to be scared when I was around him.

"My family is different then a lot of others. I was born to run their family business, I never had a choice. They took my choice of having a normal life away from me, but for some reason when I'm with you guys, I feel normal again." my voice cracked at the end, remembering all the memories I had with my father, the one person who always made me feel normal. When I got out of my thoughts I didn't realize that tears were forming in my eyes and that I was playing with the necklace my father gave me before he died. I took a deep breath and pushed my tears away.

"Lets change the subject, its getting gloomy" Aspen lets out a slight laugh. I nod and we continue walking down the street, talking and laughing without a care in the world.

Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter.