Chapter 61

We were now in the living room where everyone else was. Antonio was trying to lunge at Ricardo but Enrico stood in between of them both. I don't know what would have happened if we weren't there. 

Alessio and Demetrio were standing beside Antonio, trying to calm him down but to no avail. Giovanni was the one speaking to Ricardo. Ramirez seemed calm and completely unfazed by Antonio who wanted to rip his throat out...literally. 

Gia and Teresa were just sitting on the sofa enjoying the arguing when Vlad plopped down beside them with a bowl of popcorn. The girls quickly started stuffing their faces with popcorn as all three of them continued to watch the two older men fight. 

"So is anyone gonna tell me what these two are having a feud about?" I ask Enzo who stands beside me, also watching the older men act like children. Well, more like Antonio acting like a child, since he was the only one trying to fight.

"Vincenzo," was the only word Enzo said before walking away from me. The name that he told me, confused me. I had never heard it before. From neither Antonio or just in general. No criminal that I knew, had the name Vincenzo. 

I didn't notice that Luciana had walked up behind me, only seconds after he walked away. I noticed one she spoke cautiously and quietly, "Ricardo's bestfriend." She had indeed scared me, but I showed no signs of it to her, or anyone that could have been watching us.

My attention turned towards her and I saw that her eyes were now glossy and filled with tears, but no sound came from her mouth. Not a whimper, or a slight sniffle. She stayed quiet as she stood beside me with her arms behind her back. 

I didn't want to pry, but my curiosity got the better of me. "What does Ramirez's bestfriend have to do with Antonio?" I ask, a little too loud then I wanted to. "Because Vincenzo was my brother" Antonio's voice boomed with anger and hatred. Not hatred towards me, but towards Ramirez and I didn't know why.

"Was...?" The word leaves my lips before I could think twice. "He died" Alessio spoke for his brother while his eyes stayed glued to the floor. "And HE," Antonio points towards Ricardo who stood their with no expression on his face. "Killed him" the last two words that Ant mumbled, cracked by the shakiness of his voice.

The room was completely silent the second the words escaped Antonio's mouth. "We promised to never talk about this again, so leave it." Cadenza whisper yelled to her older brother. "Well, I guess we broke that promise, just like Ramirez did." Antonio spat the words out of his mouth, not caring about how his sister was feeling.

"Guys drops it" Demetrio sighs. I could tell that it hurt all of them. It would hurt me too if I had to talk about a dead family member. I knew it hurt when I talked about my dad when he was dead. Well, fake dead. Yes, yes, I know.

"No one wants you here, so just leave." Ant's words were clearly directed at Ricardo. He was practically boring holes in the man's temples. "I invited him" Giovanni speaks up for the first time. 

Antonio was caught off guard. I could see the look of betrayal in his eyes as he looked at his uncle for a couple seconds before anger flashed over them. "Get the fuck out of my sight" was the only words Antonio spoke before taking long strides towards our bedroom.

"Alexandra..." Luciana's voice pleaded. I knew what she wanted. She wanted me to go check on him, make sure he was ok and then calm him down. As much as I wanted to, I was still very upset with him. But, I put all my shit aside and nodded towards her.

Antonio needed me right now, he needed comfort and everyone here knew that I was the only one able to give him what he needed.

I took much smaller steps then Antonio did, but I eventually reached the bedroom. I put my hand on the doorknob and turned it, sliding it open cautiously. 

He was pulling up some soccer shorts when I walked in. I was praying that he would put a shirt on so it would be easier to talk to him without getting distracted but I quickly noticed that he wasn't going to. 

While his back was still turned to me, he spoke calmly, which worried me a bit. "You don't need to come check on me." He knew exactly why I was here, but I ignored his comment and walked towards him. "Alexandra... don't," he spoke as I was about to put a hand on his back. I hesitated and thought hard about what his actions would be next. I pushed away the thoughts that were screaming at me not to do it, and I placed my hand on his back. 

His body tensed immediately, like it was a reflex. It was rare for him to tense under my touch. He only ever did it when he was mad with me, or when he was truly hurt. 

I continued by placing my forehead against his back, waiting for him to relax, but he didn't. I missed his touch more then I wanted to admit. His scent was one of my favorite things about being close to him. I could smell it, as it lingered on his skin. It was like an addiction, it made me feel safe and secure. In a weird way, it also gave me confidence.

I took a deep breath and stepped away, only to walk around him so I could see what his eyes were saying.

He didn't look down at me. He just stared up and out of the glass doors that lead to the patio. "I want to help you.." I tried speaking but I barely knew what to say. I had never seen Antonio this hurt. "Look at me" I reached up and cupped his cheeks with my hands and forced him to look down at me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I got cut off by his lips connecting with mine. I was shocked and taken off guard. I tried to keep up with his lips, but he was being fast and rough. This wasn't how we usually kissed. He would usually be gentle and passionate, this was anything but. 

I pulled away, not wanting to continue the kiss that didn't seem like it was coming from him. It was like I was kissing another man. Someone who had no place having their lips touching mine. "I don't want that," the words only seemed to hurt him more. 

My intentions were not to hurt him, and I just did more damage then good. Maybe I should have just shut up and went with it. 

The look he was giving me, broke my heart into pieces. His eyes were glossy and slowly started to turn red. He rubbed them a couple times and blinked, hoping that the tears would leave his eyes. "Please...this is how I need you." He pleaded with me. Every single part of him was pleading with me. From his voice, to his eyes, to the hands he had now placed on my hips. 

"I won't take advantage of you when you're in a state like this Ant." I tried to sound as sincere and caring as possible but he didn't give up. He leaned down, his lips brushing against my ear as he whispered into it. "I want you, no... I need you" he pulled away and continued to look down at me.

In the end, I gave him what he wanted, and seemed to need right now. With his lips attached to mine, he carried me over to the bed and gently placed us on top of it.

I knew I would regret this later, but someone I cared about needed me. I wasn't gonna say no again, causing him more pain. Rejection is one of the worst feelings, and I wasn't gonna do that to him.