Chapter 69

"Keep up Pedro." I giggled as we continued to run past houses. "I'm not as young as I used to be Alexandra." His breathing was steady and you could tell that he was getting tired. "Oh come on, you're only 21." I groan and stop running, letting him catch up. "We ran around the block already three times, do you need to go again?" He leans over, hands on his knees.

We stopped running for the rest of the day, heading back to the house to take a break from all the training.

"How was the run?" Viktor greeted us at the door. "Pedro was slow," I giggled, allowing myself entry to my home since birth. "He's old," Viktor let's out a deep, hearty laugh. These men were always making jokes, knowing both that their age gap was only of a year. "I heard that." Pedro pointed a finger in Viktor's direction making me let out a quiet snicker.

I ran to the fridge, opening the freezing and taking out the ice cream. "You just worked out and now you're going to eat sugar?" Arturo walked into the kitchen. "It's never a bad time for ice cream." I add to this new conversation. 

Arturo was a decently good looking man, only 17 years old, a year over me. I wasn't allowed to talk with the guards that worked in this house but it got lonely at times, so I broke those rules a lot. Pedro and Viktor were the two that I was allowed to talked to though. They were in charge of my training so I kind of had to. Not that I was complaining though.

The 17 year old kid was someone I was not allowed to talk to. The number one rule in this house was to not fraternize with the staff. Last time I did was when I was ten. A man named José had become one of my bestfriends, although he was 29. He usually took care of me and did his best to protect me. But when mother found out and asked him to come to her office, I never saw him leave it. 

Sure I was taking a risk by talking to Arturo but I was older now, and I was prepared to defend my friends if my mother had any thoughts of hurting them. 

"Pass me a spoon" He walked over and sat on the counter top with me. I smiled and took a spoon out of the drawer in between my legs, handing it to him. 

We sat there for a while, eating ice cream and talking about how our weeks have went.

"Alexandra, your mother wants to see you." Pedro walked into the kitchen, crossing his arms against his chest. Although Pedro didn't agree with me speaking to Arturo, he would never tell my mother about it.

I jumped off the counter and said a quick goodbye to Arturo before following Pedro upstairs and towards my mother's office. 

I walked in to be greeted by her and her second in charge, Fernando. 

Fernando was a scary looking dude. I never talked to him, even though he has been working for my mother since I was a child. In all honesty, he kind of scared me.

"Darling, come take a seat." She advised me, shooing Pedro away. I took a seat on the sofa, placing my hands on my lap and fiddling with my fingers out of nervousness. "Fernando has come to me, telling me you have been speaking to a boy." I instantly tense up the second the words come out of her mouth. "Well then he is lying," I stand up, now making eye contact with a serious looking Fernando. 

"He doesn't lie!" She slams her hand down on the table, catching my attention. "Now, who is this boy?" She adds to the conversation. "I have no clue what you are talking about!" I raise my voice, which was another broken rule. 

No one was to raise their voice at my mother. I was the only one to ever challenge her, and we both were born to never back down. 

"Lower your voice child." She stands up from her chair and walks around the desk, now standing beside Fernando who was a foot taller then her. My gaze never turned away from her. My mother was not someone you looked away from.

"Fernando, the name." She asked her second in command. "Arturo ma'am, Arturo Javier." He spoke, his deep voice sending chills up my spine. "Go fetch the boy." She commanded, leaving no room for discussion. My eyes widened when Fernando took a few steps towards the door. 

But I was faster to reach it, I ran out and went to look for Arturo. When I found him in the hospital ward, speaking to a doctor, I quickly rushed to him. "Arturo you have to go, run." I grabbed him by his arm, trying to get him to move faster. 

My eyes found Fernando, blocking the only exit.

"What's going on?" He was confused, and I didn't blame him. I grabbed my back up phone who no one knew about and handed it to him. "Take this and call me when you reach a safe place, I will come and find you." I place a kiss on his cheek. 

There was nothing romantic between us, but he was my bestfriend and I will be damned if I let anyone touch him. 

"I'll distract Fernando while you run. Take out anyone you have to, that's an order." I tell him, not letting him second guess me. Although I wasn't his boss, I was still destined to be the leader, so he knew that he had to listen. 

I gave him one last hug and we ran towards the entrance, when we got near Fernando, I kicked him in the leg, making him fall to his knees. "Go Arturo!" I yelled as Fernando got up and yanked me back, ready to make a sprint for my bestfriend.

Not today mother fucker. I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, making him wince. He flipped me over, landing me on my back. I got back up and ran towards him, jumping on him and knocking him to the ground.

We were now both on the floor, me with his arm locked between my legs and my foot on his neck, as he tried to get out of my grasp. "ALEXANDRA!" Pedro yelled but my grip didn't loosen. When I heard a crack in Fernando's neck, that's when I stopped.

He was dead... 

"What the fuck did you just do!?" Pedro was surprised but in a way he was also proud. I stood up for myself and took down a man three times my size. 

"Fernando!" My mother's scream was evident. She ran to his side and checked for a pulse, but there was none. The anger in her eyes was evident. "I got him boss" one of her men came around the corner with Arturo who looked defeated. 

His eyes scanned the dead man on the floor and then landed on me. 

"An eye, for an eye." Were the last words my mother spoke before shooting my bestfriend in the head. "NO!" I screamed, sprinting to Arturo. 

I held his lifeless body in my hands, knowing that there was no way that he survived that. 

It wasn't long until Pedro pulled me away. I kicked and screamed, wanting to hold my bestfriend for just a little longer. "YOU MONSTER!" I yelled at my mother as Pedro kept pulling me away from the scene.

He never left my side though, for days on end, Pedro spent his waking moments with me. He comforted me. 

He would sit on the counter and eat ice cream with me, sing along to sad and depressed songs, binge watch a bunch of shows, train with me to help get my anger out. He had now become a father figure to me, except he was a little young.

That's when I knew that Pedro would be my second in command when I start to run this family. He was my safety net, my comfort person. Family is what he is and always will be.

At times, he would cuddle me until I fell asleep, knowing that whatever nightmares were to come of Arturo, would never come. He would be there to protect me, always. I promised that I would always be there to protect him aswell, and I wasn't planning on breaking that promise.

I'm coming Pedro, and I will never stop coming to protect you.

I know I said that this was the last chapter, but I had an idea last minute and had to change a couple things with this chapter and the last. So there will be one more chapter, you're welcome. Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter though.