Chapter 10

"Where is he!?" I shout as I walk into the hospital ward of my house. "Miss Ortega he is in surgery" one of the doctors bravely speaks.

"I want an update every 30 minutes on his condition!" I demand and they all nod.

I look over to some waiting chairs and spot Talia.

I slowly walk over to her and sit in the chair that's beside her. "How are you holding up?" I ask as I place a hand on her shoulder.

She looks at me and her face was drenched in tears. "The guards told me what you did for him, thank you" she mutters.

I give her a hug and she hugs me back as her tears soak into my dress. "He's gonna be ok, he's a fighter" I whisper into her ear.

"Jefa" one of my men come up to me with Amelio. I smile as he gets placed in my arms.

"Your gonna be a great wife and mother one day Alexandra" Talia says after the man leaves. "There is no place in my world to fall in love" I say to her as I pull Adriano closer to my chest.

"There's always a place for love" she smiles as she rubs her stomach. "For you, yes. You found love, you have an amazing boyfriend and a baby on the way."

"You will find that too Alexandra, just like your mother did once with your father." She adds.

Ah yes, my father. The only man I have ever loved. The one who raised me, trained me, held me when everything was falling apart.

But God had different plans for him. Yes my father was a ruthless and cold killer, but he was the best father you could ask for.

I was blessed to have such an amazing father, if only everyone had one like mine.

"I must do some work, care to watch Amelio? He will cheer you up, I promise" I stood up. "It would be my pleasure" she replies as I hand him to her.

"Its great practice for when you become a mother" I chuckle as I walk down the hallway.

....

I'm sitting in my office with one of the doctors as he updates me on Pedro's condition. It seems that nothing has changed in the last three times that the doctor has came up to my office. He is still in surgery and he isn't out of the woods yet, is what the doctors says each time.

"You're dismissed" I say and the doctor doesn't say anything else as he quickly exits my office.

I slam my hand down on my desk and kick my chair against the neat bookshelf.

"Fuck!" I shout and turn around so I'm facing the huge window that is right behind my desk. I sigh and sit down on the window sill.

"Haden" I shout from my office, knowing that he is right on the other side of those doors.

He comes in and waits for me to give him orders. "Find out who they were, who sent them, the reasoning behind it and report back" I demand and he nods, exiting the room.

I lean my head back on the frame of the window and look out of it.

Just as I closed my eyes, my phone rings. For fucks sake, I'm gonna kill someone!

"What!" I answer the phone as venom courses through my voice. "Is this a bad time?" Antonio's voice is deep but soothing. "Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. My tour guide canceled on me today" I lie to him.

"Well isn't that just convenient, I'm in Mexico City on some business right now and I can easily use some company" he tells me.

I almost forgot that he was here in Mexico and that he was at the ball. Thankfully, he didn't notice who I was because of the mask.

"That sound lovely" I sigh, "Send me your location and I'll meet you wherever" I add. "Perfect, I'll see you soon" he says and hangs up.

I stand up and walk out of my office. "Atila, just the girl I was looking for" I say as I spot her about to head down the stairs. "I would like you to clean up my office, I did some... rearranging" I smile at her and she nods.

I head downstairs and grab a water bottle from the fridge.

My phone dings and I knew it was Antonio sending me his location so I just ignored it for a few minutes, enjoying a little piece and quiet.

"Stop with that bullshit!" Leonard says to Vlad. Oh god, not these two morons. "Ahhhh, Alexandra!" Vlad jumps as he see's me.

"Vlad, Leonard, nice to see you both" I roll my eyes. "Hey watch those eyes young lady, they will get stuck in the back of your head."

Your probably wondering, why haven't I cut their fingers off, broken every bone in their body and feed them to lions yet. Well that answer is simple, family.

Vlad and Leonard are twin brothers, two boys that I consider my brothers. They aren't technically in our mafia but they help us out every once in a while.

Vlad is a very energized person, he loves to joke around, tease and mess with people. He's 24 and he still plays pranks on people, like grow up.

At work, Vlad is very serious and tough. He likes to get things done in time and to perfection. Two complete different personalities.

Leonard is a different story though. He is a very serious man, but that doesn't mean that he cant let loose. The complete opposite actually, he is a party animal once he has a little alcohol in his system.

If I had to be honest, Leonard was my favorite. I almost envy him. He has so much patience for people, the opposite of me.

The two brothers have been family to us before I was even born. Their parents were bestfriends with mine and to this day, they still keep in touch regularly with my mother.

Your probably thinking that they are involved in our business too but that's false. The boys' parents are innocent civilians, I cant say the same about the twins though.

"So what's new with you Andra?" Vlad asks, already annoying me with that stupid nickname he always calls me. "Nothing much, but your brother may soon become an only child" I glare at him.

"Oh come on, we both know you love me to death." He laughs, but I stay emotionless. "Okay no need to go all mafia bitch on me, I'm just teasing" he pats my shoulder.

"I'm not" I walk out of the kitchen with my water bottle.

Vote and comment.