Chapter 8

I was still on the jet and it felt like time wasn't passing by so I decided to grab Antonio's coat that I managed to snatch before leaving.

I search the pockets and finally find a piece of paper. I unfold it and it was indeed his number.

I swiftly take my phone out of my pocket and enter his number in my contacts.

"Entonces jefa, ¿cómo va la misión?" Haden questions me. (So boss, how is the mission going?) "Buena por que preguntas" I reply. (Good, why do you ask)

"sin razón en particular" he adds and I roll my eyes. (No reason in particular) I know when someone is lying to me, I can spot a lie from a mile away.

"di lo que piensas o nunca vuelvas a hablar" I warn him as he gulps. (Speak your mind or never speak again) He nods and starts speaking, "Vi la nota que te dejó el objetivo. Cuando lo leía, estaba sonriendo." He tells me and my face remains emotionless. (I saw the note that the target left you. When you were reading it, you were smiling)

I stand up and make my way to the back of the plane where there was a bedroom.

I slam the door behind me and flop down on the comfy bed. I might aswell sleep for the rest of the plane ride.

....

We finally land and I immediately straighten my elegant dress that screams power.

I walk out of the jet and a bunch of my men and woman are already bowing their heads, but my face is emotionless

I could easily see Pedro in the back near the SUV. He was avoiding my gaze at all costs but my gaze only focused on him.

I stepped down the stairs of the jet and made my way over to him as my heels clicked on the cold cemented ground.

"Pedro" I call out, my Spanish accent rolling off my tongue. "Jefa" he bows his head.

I walk past him and my driver opens my car door for me. I hop in and sit in my seat, waiting for Pedro.

Soon enough, he gets in the back of the SUV with me. "Nice of you to join me" I look out the window.

He clears his throat and picks up a folder that was sitting between us. "Not right now Pedro, let me enjoy my ride home" I stop him but he doesn't speak, he just places the folder down.

"How's Italy?" Pedro asks. "Pedro please, just let me enjoy the car ride" I sigh.

For the rest of the car ride, it was silent, no one spoke a single word.

As we were driving in the towns, peoples eyes widen at the sight of our row of 5 SUV's driving by.

They knew that either me or my mother was home. Something they prayed not to be true, but it was.

I was home.

....

"Welcome back jefa" a bunch of my men would say as I walked inside my own home. My true home.