Chapter 21

We had finally gotten back to her place and thank god because my feet were killing me. I swear I lost 50 pounds with that walk. "We got ice cream in the freezer" Aspen suggests making me beam with excitement. "I'll take that as a yes" she laughs. 

We make our way into the kitchen where Antonio's mother is making food. "Hello Luciana" Aspen smiles at her mother in law. "Hello dear" she looks up at Aspen and then turns her attention to me. "This must be Alexandra, my kids haven't stopped talking about you" she smiles at me. "Hello ma'am" I give her a warm smile to be respectful. "You guys talk about me?" I look over at Aspen with a smirk. "Don't let it get to your head, its mainly Antonio" she winks at me making me roll my eyes.

"What's mainly me?" Antonio and Alessio walk in smiling like idiots. I could see Aspen's eyes light up when she saw her husband and it was fairly cute to see. "Nothing" Aspen and I laugh. 

She finally grabs the ice cream and two spoons, making her way over to me. "To the living room" she hollers making me giggle. "Dinner will be ready soon, you are welcomed to join us" Luciana suggests to me. "Warning, its like a zoo at dinner" Alessio jokes making me giggle. "I would love to Mrs. Toretto, I would just love to hear how much Antonio talks about me" I try to keep a serious face, but it makes them all laugh except Antonio who is trying to act all macho. "And sweetie, please call me Luciana." she smiles at me and I return one.

Aspen, the boys and I make our way to the living room and all sit down on the couch. "Ok so what do you want to watch?" Aspens asks but it seemed like she was only really asking me. She opens up the container of ice cream and passes me a spoon. "Cookies and cream!? I think I found my new girlfriend" Me and Aspen laugh. 

During the movie, we all moved around. Alessio was laying down with Aspen on top of him, but it was in an appropriate way. Antonio was leaning on my shoulder half falling asleep. Aspen kept winking at me while I tried to ignore her funny faces.

"Dinner!" Luciana shouts making everyone else come downstairs. They all made an 'aw' sound once they saw Antonio but he surprisingly didn't wake up. 

They continued making their way into the kitchen, aswell as Aspen and Alessio. "Have fun waking him up" Alessio winked at me. Shithead.

"Antonio?" I gently nudge my shoulder but he doesn't move. "Hm?" he says almost in a whisper. "Dinner is ready" I giggle at him. "Shhhh" he wraps his arms around me. 

I take a deep breathe and just look down at him. 

The front door opens and just as quickly slams, making Antonio jerk up. We both get up off the couch and make our way to the foyer to see what all the commotion is about. It seemed like everyone else had the same idea.

"Giavanna!?" Luciana spoke with so much authority. Gia must have been a nickname they gave to her. The door opens and in walks the dude I saw at the club with a little girl asleep in his arms.

Antonio walks over and takes the girl out of the man's arms, unintentionally waking her up. "Toni" she whispered with her sweet voice. "Shhh" he soothed her.

"What's with the attitude!?" Alessio asks Gia. "Uncle Giovanni wouldn't let me stay longer" she pouts. "Stop being a baby" Demetrio rolls his eyes at the actions of his little sister. "Shut up" she shouts. "That's enough Giavanna" Luciana raises her voice, making Gia stop immediately. "Head to your room and come down for dinner when you have calmed down" she demands and Gia stomps away.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Alexandra" Luciana apologizes. "Its fine, don't apologize for actions that weren't your own." I give her a warm smile and she gives me one back. "Anyways, lets eat" Enzo smiles and we all nod making our way into the dinning room.

...

Being around this family was refreshing. Although they were the mafia, they were still just a normal family, the teasing, the joking, laughing, it was all there. 

"So Alexandra, do you have any siblings?" Luciana asked as we all sat in the living room. "Yes, I have a little brother named Amelio" I smile. "I have a little brother named Demetrio, he's a dipshit" Cadenza laughs.

The conversation went on, we talked about anything and everything.

I had turned my attention to Antonio who was sitting on the couch just beside where I was sitting on the ground. He was sitting with his little sister on his lap. He was doing her hair and he would fail miserably which made her laugh hysterically. It was enchanting to watch them... him.

My phone rings and I answer it without looking at who's calling me. "Hello?" I say through the phone, unsure of who it is. "Hola, cariño" her voice echoed through the phone. (Hello, darling) My whole body tensed and everyone around me noticed. I stood up and started pacing, I couldn't help it. "You have no right to call me" I say, my temper getting the better of me. "No me estaba llamando, estaba llamando a tu padre" she spoke softly and slowly, knowing that I was upset and beyond annoyed. (I wasn't calling for me, I was calling for your father) "What the hell do you mean!?" I reply with so much anger.  

"Mi hijita" his voice boomed through the phone. (My little girl) My heart stopped, my feet stopped, everything stopped. My eyes were watering and I couldn't breathe. I tried to speak but I couldn't, I was paralyzed. "Alex?" Antonio got up and made his way over to me. My body flinched the second his hand touched my shoulder but I didn't turn around.

How is one supposed to act when their supposedly dead father calls them.

"No" my Spanish accent rolled off my tongue. "No, no no no" I continued. It couldn't be real, this isn't real. "Cariño escúchame" he continued to speak to me. (Sweetie listen to me) I didn't want to, I wanted to throw my phone at the wall and cry. But my arms were numb, everything was numb. I just didn't know what to do or say. "Alex?" Antonio wrapped his arms around me trying to comfort me and it was slowly working, more then I wanted to realize. 

I took a deep breath and spoke softly into the phone. "You're alive" was all I could manage to say. I wanted to say so much more but I had so much to say that I said so little to him. "Yes.." I could hear the guilt in his voice, I could tell that it was eating him alive.

"What do you want?" I took another deep breathe, taking in Antonio's scent. "Encuéntrame" words I never thought I'd hear again. (Meet me) "Why would I ever want to see you again!?" I tried to stay calm but all I wanted to do was yell at him. "Be mad at me all you want, but if you came outside, you would be able to be mad at me in person." I dropped the phone hearing his words.

I removed Antonio's arms from around me and looked out the window. 

This just got interesting, don't forget to vote and comment... sorry about the cliffhanger again.