Chapter 59

Not long after, Cadenza and Aspen had caught up to me. As much as I loved them, I wanted to be alone. I had always dealt with my feelings by myself and I had no intentions of changing that.

"A" Aspen sighs and puts a hand on my shoulder with a pity smile appearing across her lips. I tensed under her touch and the gaze of Cadenza. 

"I need to be alone right now..." my voice was barely above a whisper as I looked from one of them, to the other. Cadenza nodded, understanding that it wasn't a request. She slowly turned around and made her way back the way she came from, not waiting for Aspen. 

"Antonio didn't argue with that man for no reason, he wasn't a stranger." She explained to me as her eyes searched mine, for any type of emotion other than anger or sadness. I nodded at her and turn on my heels, continuing to walk down the beach.

For the longest time, I sat in the sand and stared off into the ocean as the sun started to go down. I felt watched, but I knew it was just Haden keeping an eye on me. 

My thoughts were beginning to give me a headache, which wasn't the best feeling. I also felt like I was drowning, drowning in my own thoughts.

The wind started to pick up and I started to feel goosebumps start to appear over my skin. It's then, that I realized I was only wearing a cropped tank top and some leggings. Not my smartest choice of clothing on a chilly night like this.

"You should get back to the house" Haden's voice appeared behind me. I sighed and turned my head so I could see him. The slightly dark night covered his face. If I didn't remember what his voice sounded like, I wouldn't of known it was him. 

I rolled my eyes in a sarcastic manner and turned to face the sky that was beginning to turn completely dark. He chuckled and made his way beside me, but still kept his eyes around us, making sure no danger was near. 

I found it sort of, cute, that he was still guarded when he sat beside me with his legs to his chest. "You're sitting beside a highly trained killer, ease up." My voice was soft and I spoke quick. He just shrugged his shoulders, but still looked around. 

"You're just like Pedro" my words got his attention when he turned completely to me. "You always scan your surrounding." I refer to what he was doing just a couple seconds ago. "Its ok to relax for a bit" I chuckle at my words. 

Haden didn't say much right now. He just nodded and slowly started to simmer down. "History" was the only word Haden spoke. He didn't look at me, instead, he stared into the dark night. My eyebrows knitted together, as a look of confusion appeared across my face.

"His name is Ricardo Ramirez, 25 years old. His parents are Zara Ramirez and Salamone Ramirez. They found him on the streets when he was 12, so they took him in. Salamone Ramirez owns the Saverio Academy, where the most elite assassins' have come from." Haden speaks like he is at work. I wasn't surprised though. Haden always did his work fast and thoroughly. "Pedro got the information the second he heard of the mysterious man." He pushes away my thoughts like he could read them. "A more detailed portfolio has been placed on the bed in your bedroom. We made sure that Antonio wouldn't read it." Haden continued to speak and I nodded, taking in all the information that he was giving me. 

I thank him and let him know that he should head back to the hut, and that I would be there shortly. He didn't argue, he just did as he was told. 

As my thoughts from earlier today came back, I decided that it was time to have a talk. It was well overdue and we needed it. Antonio and I wouldn't be able to be like we used to if we didn't get past this. 

I stood up, wiping the sand off my leggings. I took a deep breathe and slowly made my way back to the hut.

When I reached my destination, I noticed a couple differences.