Hard Work Pays Off (Nayeon X Male Reader)

I'm alive

I'm alive. After the shitshow against Everton figured I'd release some of that stress here.

A/N at the bottom as always. I politely ask of you to read it all the way through.

Enjoy!

Word count: 9,710

*Sigh* 

A very bored Im Nayeon was sat by herself in the living room, browsing through the TV. It was midnight but for some reason Nayeon was having trouble going to bed. Frustrated, she went to the couch and began going through channels in an effort to make herself sleep.

A TV show, an old movie, anything that would engage her mind and make her tired.

As she clicked through, she stopped at a football game, intrigued.

"Union Berlin vs Hertha Berlin...interesting."

On the screen, a substitution was taking place.

"Coming off the field is Marius Bülter. He's been sensational tonight, shame he's picked up a slight knock. In his place will be the 23-year-old making his debut for the club, (Y/N) (L/N). What a story this kid has had."

The TikTok star was engaged now.

Yes you read that right.

TikTok star.

A failed KPop idol due to terrible management, Nayeon was left looking for a career to pursue. There was no doubt she had the looks and the talent to succeed. Just, in what aspect? A variety of part-time jobs were only just getting her across the line. 

In desperation, she choreographed her own moves to a small snippet of Drake's "I'm Upset." After posting, she looked at her measly 50 followers and sighed. She hoped this attempt would go viral.

Within a couple weeks it had garnered over 1 million likes, 3 million views and 670k comments. Her account had blown up with people in love with both the visuals of Nayeon and the cleverness of the dancing in regards to certain lyrics. It was a perfect match, and within a short amount of time, Nayeon's follower count had skyrocketed. Stunned with the sudden popularity, that didn't mean the grind stopped. Nayeon got to work with other small choreographs of famous songs and was gradually making her way to the top. Her account was, within a month, the most viewed account in that timespan and fame was only a normality.

Now, here she is, boasting an impressive 9 million followers. Her cheeky self-choreographed dances had won over millions of hearts. Literally. Soon enough she was collaborating with some famous artists themselves. Hell, Drake performed her short dance at a recent concert.

All in all, a fantastic turnaround.

With plenty of endorsements and sponsorships to her name, she had more than secured financial security for a long time.