It's too late (Jihyo x Male Reader) [Alternate Version]

An angsty spin-off from the I'm done two-parter. Read part 1 please if you want this to make sense.

Filler chapter before I release the next oneshot.

I am extremely sorry for the delay. I did not mean to be absent for this long. Helping someone move in is an exhausting process. 

Luckily, my shit day today gave me energy to write.

Inspired by the incredible talented @Vorrentis
Part of this story is based off a oneshot of his, so make sure to check it out.

Heavy angst. You've been warned. This will be similar to my Nayeon story, so keep that in mind when reading.

The summer of that year was hard for you. Your decision to write that letter was gnawing at you despite your location away from Jihyo. She was supposed to go to Korea soon to become a trainee under JYP or something.

Sana had turned on you while Jihyo was ignoring you.

Your boys has ditched you while your parents weren't home most of the time.

You were in a very deep hole. 

One you couldn't get out of.

A confrontation with Jihyo only dug you deeper. The words she said left you in a heap on your bed, sobbing your eyes out. Your own actions had broken the thin string of hope you had for a possible reconciliation.

You needed to escape.

Fast forward a couple years and that's why you here, mailing one last letter. 

You hoped it would reach Twice unopened but that was obviously not going to happen.

But a chance was a chance.

Breathing in deeply, you put the envelope into the box before walking off. You then checked your pockets, making sure they held what you needed.

As you walked towards the park, you looked back one last time at the mailbox. A small part of you wanted to dig the letter out and keep if to yourself.

Was it worth it to have Jihyo read such a note despite her busy schedule?

If everything went right, she'd realize her mistakes.

But it was too late. You had made up your mind.

If she did show some emotion, it would affect her career. Did you really want go do this?

Yes and no. All you wanted to do was let her know. The aftermath was something up to her. If she read it and dismissed it, perfect. At least she knew.

But if she felt sorry or guilty, that was her fault.

She should've seen the signs earlier. You felt like you weren't responsible for the pain afterwards. You were only responsible for the pain caused before. There are always two sides of the story.

As long as you told her yours, you were ok with that.

You walked to the center of the park and sadly smiled at the fact it was empty.

It was pretty late after all.

As the seconds passed, the only sound heard was a body dropping to the floor.

TIMESKIP

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Twice was opening fan mail on camera for a V-Live. It was what they called "Fan Mail Fridays" so they would do this every Friday if their schedule allowed it.