Twice

Twice (AU)

This is set in the future. All NBA related events that happened recently are pushed back 4-6 years. Unrealistic team scenarios incoming (unless these actually happen).

Twice.

Nine of the most beautiful girls you've ever laid eyes on.

And nine of the best basketball players in the NBA.

Yes, you read that right. Twice is now in the NBA.

But first, let me explain. This is a long backstory so if you're interested in how Twice became NBA players, please enjoy.

There was a K-Pop group called Twice. Debuting on Oct 20 2015, they quickly won over the hearts of many people. Every year, they seemed to be even more popular than before. In 2019, however, that all changed. Twice chose to enter a basketball tournament involving as many K-Pop idols as possible. Coached by someone who chose to go by Vorrentis, Twice made light work of their opponents, up until the final. BlackVelvet ran them to the final second, until a prayer shot from Mina won them the title. From someone who doesn't shoot often, you wouldn't have been able to tell from that last shot; she casually pulled up from three and sank it like it was nothing. BlackPink and Red Velvet chose to continue with their careers as idols. Twice was going to, until something came up. In the KBO, a team was found to have fixed plenty of matches to help them win a championship the previous year. After much discussion, the KBO decided to exterminate the team entirely. This left a spot open. Unfortunately, Twice's coach had to step down to focus on his playing career.

Side-note, he won two titles at March Madness and is currently playing for the Celtics alongside Sana.

Anyway, Twice didn't want to completely let go of the sport they had spent so long training for. They had a lengthy, lengthy conversation with JYP. Surprisingly, JYP not only agreed, but also decided to take over as coach of Twice. He was very hesitant to let them play competitively, but in the end, he decided to best way for them to grow as players was to have them adapt to the professionals. He managed to have Twice fill in that empty team slot after talking to the KBO commissioner. As a result, Twice became the first all-female team to play in the KBO, the first females to play in the KBO, the first females to play in an all-male league, you get the idea. After a rough first year where they failed to achieve double digit wins, they bounced back in style the following year. They finished ninth place in the league overall and made it to the conference finals, before going down in six games. There were talks about how Twice could do the unthinkable and win a title in the KBO. Could they pull off the underdog story? They've already shown signs of improvement, and they were very well-rounded. After all the talk, Twice won the KBO title. Twice. Back-to-back. Such was their success story that the NBA came calling. At this point, they had already merged with the WNBA and wanted some more diversity in the league. JYP had faith, but he knew how big of a step this was going to be. He held a meeting with his players; he wanted to make sure they wanted this as much as he did. Next thing you know, Twice is in the NBA representing California, specifically, Oakland. Without the Raiders, there was no major sport team to support in Oakland besides the Athletics until Twice chose to play here. Many people wrote off their chances at success.

"Would they be able to handle the physicality? Aggression? Intensity?" Stuff like that.

In their first year, Twice finished fourth in the West and made it all the way to the Western Conference Finals before losing to the eventual champions in five, the Phoenix Suns. (One can dream, alright, don't laugh at me. I know we're bad ㅠㅠ). Under the guidance of JYP, Twice had proven they can play at the highest level, which caught the eyes of nine teams. Now, Twice as a team no longer exists because they've all left for different teams. They're still good friends though while JYP has resumed his position as CEO. After all, they're motto is "Nine or none." The key behind their success was finding the right position for each member at the very start, when all this wasn't even thought of as possible. The following stories are each members' first/second year in the NBA not playing for/with Twice.