Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung (AU)

(D/N)= Dad's name

M/N)= Mom's name

(D/B/N)= Dad's best friend name

(M/B/N)= Mom's best friends name

I'll be hiding K-pop members in this story. See if you can find them all.

Long flashback ahead.

"Chae, you got two laps left. Keep your composure and keep on driving."

"Roger that (Y/N)."

Currently, Chaeyoung was racing in a qualifier for a global racing series in a few months. As her crew chief, it was your responsibility to look over her and ensure she was ok.

Normally, it would be you racing with Chaeyoung telling you what to do.

But something happened that forced you to change that.

FLASHBACK TO YOU AND CHAEYOUNG, AGED 7

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Chae, what do you wanna be when you grow up?"

You and Chaeyoung were practically born into each other's family. Your dad's best friend was Chaeyoung's dad, so it was only a matter of time before the two of you met each other. From an early age, the two of you spent almost every day with each other. 

Not once was it boring. 

From racing each other in Mario Kart, to camping with each other's families, to recess during elementary.

It seemed you two were inseparable.

Automobile racing was a big part of that.

You and Chaeyoung's fathers were retired racers themselves, each winning the Detroit Piston Cup multiple times. Now, many championships are available, but back then, that was the trophy to win. The friendship they had was brother-like. After retirement, they both agreed that if they ever had kids, they would go on to become successful racers in their own right.

Hence why both of you grew up learning all about the wonders of racing.

I hope that's enough context, if not let me know.

Anyways, Chaeyoung responded to your question with, "Racing would be nice, but I want to explore some more options. We are only seven after all. What about you?"

"Probably racing. I want to become better than my dad."

"Wow (Y/N) you think you can do that?"

"Never say never Chae. Never say never."

MIDDLE SCHOOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm coming (Y/N)!"

"Oh no you don't Chae!"

The two of you were go-karting at a private venue owned by both of your parents. Home to many successful drivers, this was the place for up-and-coming racers. After all, the owners were two racing legends.

Approaching the finish line, you lose control of your car after a risky turn. Chaeyoung passes you with glee and finished ahead of you.

You forcefully crash into the rubber tires lined up into the side.

Chaeyoung, her parents and your parents rushed to your side.

"Are you ok (Y/N)?!"

Slightly dazed, you brush yourself off and get out of the car.