You Never Really Cared (Seulgi X Male Reader)

Non-romantic oneshot ahead.

Please read.

Yes I am fine.

Heavy angst and dark themes ahead.

Uncomfortable language ahead. You've been warned. I HIGHLY advice to read this with caution. Feel free to stop reading whenever you feel like necessary.

If you ever have any thoughts like these, do not hesitate to reach out to me, or someone you know who is willing to listen.

Needed to get this one off my chest.

No Red Velvet in this one.

Important A/N at the end.

The bowling night was an absolute blast. It was the most fun you've ever had. And for a couple months, life was going good. At the turn of spring however, you noticed a worrying change. Your best friend had drifted away from you despite your best attempts to keep in contact with her. It seems getting a girlfriend changed her for the worse. You yourself had a girlfriend at the time and yet you still made time for others.

But everyone is different unfortunately. Sometimes they get so whipped to the point of no return.

You gave up after 6 weeks, knowing she was a lost cause. And now here you were depressed out of your mind thinking it was your fault for not keeping in touch even though it was her fault.

You've never felt so internally dead before.

Were you gonna tell anyone? Absolutely not. They had more important issues to worry about. All you would do is add to the pile of burdens.

As summer was approaching, most of your friends were away traveling. You were left alone trying to be happy in any way shape or form. You did have other friends but the advice they gave was often the opposite of what you needed. Nothing was working.

Watching sports, playing games, working out, watching K-Pop MV's, even a bit of creative writing in there as that was your way of venting.

Nothing was working.

You even tried showering, hoping the relaxing warmth of the water would help get your mind off "it."

Nothing was working.

You were teetering dangerously close to the edge right now. You knew you had to keep it together but didn't know why.

Numbly, you just sat there and thought. Thoughts that I'm not explicitly going to say, but let's just say they're very dark.

As you sat there, you heard the doorbell ring. Expressionless, you walked up to the door and opened it without really thinking.

It was Seulgi. Your other close friend. Not as close but someone you could talk to about anything.

"(Y/N)!"

She hugged you out of excitement. However you didn't return it and she immediately looked up to see the lifeless pupils staring at her.

"(Y/N)?"

No response.

"(Y/N), talk to me. What's wrong?"

No response.

She closes the door behind her and forces both of you onto the couch. As you sit down, Seulgi asks a question.

"Please tell me you're not thinking of her again...."

The silence answered it for her.

"(Y/N), I told you to let go of her. What happened to cutting out negativity?"