6. A Birthday Present (Ave)

[xxx - mature content warning]

   Casey frowns at my question, which is more of a plea.

   He is fighting his own restraints. His nose cutely wrinkles in an effort to come to a decision.

   To my utter dismay, I am barely holding back from starting to beg. To be honest, I would drop on my knees at his feet and whine pitifully without a second thought.

   "We're not going to have sex," he finally blurts, saving me from the humiliation I was about to put myself through. "I want to stay, but you have to promise me that you won't cross some boundaries."

   He is gazing at me insistently without blinking. For the first time in my life, someone's eyes can make me squirm and sweat.

   Just before I open my mouth to promise anything he wants, he sighs desperately, "I know it's not fair to put all the responsibility on you."

   He focuses his eyes on his fingers. They clutch the hem of his shirt. Casey mutters under his breath, more to himself than to me, "I will not be able to stop, even though I know I am not ready. You are more experienced. You can prevent us from going too far. I mean... umm... I can count on you, right?"

   My jaw drops. I stare at him wide-eyed. 

  Contrary to all logic, being denied sex sends me on cloud nine. I would be more than disappointed in any other case, but this time, it is different. I am flattered by his reasoning, which is totally insane and disarmingly cute. How can he trust someone he barely knows more than himself? But it is awesome to be that person. It is even greater to know how bad he wants me.

   A smirk crawls on my face. I find it difficult to hide it. It is good that he is so busy twisting nervously the thin fabric of his shirt because I just can not stop ogling him. It would make him more uncomfortable. He is adorably shy, and I like it so much.

   We stay quiet for some time. 

   Casey's voice is shaky when he finally whispers, "I don't know what's happening to me. I'm kind of ashamed and a little frightened ." He suddenly raises his head. His blue irises are mesmerizing.  "I want you, but we've just met. I can't... do it... this way. That's the truth."

   His words resonate deep in my chest. Something there shrinks and expands, sending waves of warmth through my blood system. I can only guess how difficult it is for someone so timid to be so blatantly honest.

   "Don't worry, Casey," I smile, my voice as soothing as possible and gently take his hand. "I never meant sex when I asked you to stay."

   Well, not exactly the truth, but you have to be resourceful in order to succeed sometimes. Besides, it was never my primary goal anyway. I just need him to stay. I will be so sad if he leaves.

   "You can count on me. We'll do whatever you want. No sex," I state firmly.

   Suddenly, I have the most brilliant idea. I beam. "You spending more time with me will be my best birthday present."

   He can't say 'no' to that, right?

   "Then I'll stay." He smiles shakily, all bright red, and texts his friends. 

   His cheeks are literally burning, so that it's clearly visible, even at the dim light of the screen. I feel the urge to touch them and check if they are actually hot, but restrain from doing it. It's not a good idea right now.

   I am so relieved, and I am also grateful to Lilly for sending that text message. It helped me brace myself. I knew he wasn't ready to go all the way, although he seemed so eager. I have to be honest and admit that I'm not sure if I would've been able to draw the line at the right moment. I really need a cold shower.

   There's a brief silence. I'm sure we're both musing on what we shouldn't do and, nevertheless, desperately want to go for it.

   Before it gets awkward, we start simultaneously.

   "Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask.

   "We can play some more Minecraft," he says.

   We look at each other in amusement and answer at the same time again.

   "Yeah, sure."

   "Ok, fine."

   We both burst into laughter, not calming down before we're completely out of breath.

   We stare at each other's eyes. The darkness is filled with heavy breathing. None of us dares to utter a word. We sense the tension. It's tangible. The air is hot and tingly.

   Casey leans towards me. It is all I need. My lips are on his again. He eagerly wraps his arms around my neck and crawls on my lap. We fall in the soft pile of blankets. He's on top of me. I grab the hem of his shirt, pulling it up. He does the same with my hoodie. I can't wait to feel his smooth skin glide on mine. The sensation is heavenly. It's soft velvet, tender, and warm. 

   My palms, caressing his back, make him release these sweet, muffled whimpers that are vibrating in my mouth through his restless lips. 

   He tastes like sugar, melting on my tongue.

   Casey starts grinding his whole body on mine, purring like a kitten. The sounds are so lewd that I'm all dizzy and flustered. 

   It's crazy. I'm crazy. He makes me lose my mind. His hands are daring. His mouth is brave. My lips are even wilder.

   Have I ever kissed before? Have I ever been with anyone? I don't remember. Holding him in my arms erased everything I've ever experienced. 

   Now I know only his body on top of mine, trembling at my every touch.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 6.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting!

Do you see Casey and Avery together?

It would be great to know what you think of the story so far.

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself, and criticize if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny