10. Let Me Blow Your Mind (Casey)

So, let's make a short recap of the last insane hours of my otherwise uneventful life.

   I went to a party, which is a rare thing on its own.

   I almost slept with the hottest guy ever. And here I use the word 'almost' in the broadest sense possible since it's debatable whether what we did is or isn't sex. For my own comfort I'll consider it not. Pants are the main factor. If they stay on, it's only a make out session although dry humping and nipple licking is quite questionable...

   I roll my eyes. Am I really going to analyze this as if it's some kind of a scientific research?

   Anyway, I go on with taking account of the crazy stuff that just happened to me.

   I slept, and this time literally, in the guy's bed. With a dog! A cute one, but still...

   And here's the bomb. The hot guy in question claims that he likes me, made breakfast for me and asked me to date him.

   I just wonder when exactly I'm going to wake up cause this can't be real.

   I decide that it's enough giving myself a headache with things I cannot explain and relax under the hot water with a blissful sigh.

   Oh, here's another thing to the list. I'm taking a shower in the guy's bathroom and intend to put on a pair of his sweatpants after that.

   Totally sick!

   Half an hour later, we're sitting against each other on the high bar stools at the kitchen island.

   The vast, open-plan first floor of Ave's house is totally wrecked. If a tornado had passed, it probably wouldn't have left so much damage.

   There are empty bottles, party cups and smeared food everywhere. The couches are covered in all kinds of garbage and large spots of spilled liquid. Cigarette butts and crumpled paper napkins are scattered on the floor. The curtains must have caught fire since only burnt rags hang in their place.

   Are those used condoms? Gross! Who could have possibly had sex in this room when there was a thick crowd everywhere?

   "Dear God! Ave, how are you going to fix this?" I exclaim staring at him with wide eyes. I would be unconscious by now, if I saw my house in such a state.

   Avery is totally unfazed and only shrugs his shoulders.

   "The place is trashed!" I shriek, awed by his luck of interest. I look around in horror and finally state firmly, "I'll help you clean."

   No one should be left alone in such misery.

   Avery looks at me in shock for few seconds before a wide smile spreads on his face.

   "Aww, aren't you the sweetest," he coos. "I'm touched by your enthusiasm to help me."

   He pinches my cheek hard, making me frown. "There's no need, bunny. I'll call a home cleaning company and all will be as good as new in few hours."

   I wonder if now is the right time to raise the issue of the 'cutie', 'sweetie', 'bunny' pet names.

   If the wild witches I consider my friends hear him calling me that, my life will become hell.

   On the other hand, why would he call me any of those in public? He's not my boyfriend ...yet.

   Oh, come on! Did I just consider the possibility of us being boyfriends? No way! 

   He'll snap out of whatever got him pretty soon. I don't intend to invest anything in this bizarre situation and be hurt when that happens. Because it will. Unfortunately, I know it from experience. Cool guys use cute nerds for fun.

   My stomach shrinks. Why the hell are my thoughts going in this direction? It's in the past. I promised myself never to think about it again. I shake the memory out of my head and peak at the gorgeous boy in front of me who, by the way, is still shirtless.

   Avery beams at me, "I really need your help though. Come with me to take Mozart for a walk. He's a very bad dog and sucks the life out of me every time we go out." As if to bribe me, he adds, "We can have lunch at some place nice outdoors. What do you think?"

   "Is this a favor or a date?" I raise my brows. I don't believe any of the 'bad dog' crap he just said about my fluffy cuddle-buddy.

   "Both," Ave grins.

  "Ok then,... for both," I answer, trying to stop the blush which no doubt adorns my face in fifty shades of red.

   "And now, let me blow your mind," Avery proudly says, winking at me.

   I'm staring in dismay while he keeps arranging in front of me the most lavish breakfast I've ever seen. 

   There are fluffy homemade pancakes with dripping strawberry syrup, fried bacon and scrambled eggs with toasts, an enormous bowl of fruit salad, two glasses of orange juice and two steaming mugs of hot coffee. I'm impressed.

"Did you cook all of this?"

"I surely did. I can be very resourceful in making someone fall for me," Ave chuckles.

I stuff my mouth with food since I really don't know what to say.

_____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it to Chapter 10.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤

How do you think this ship will develop?

I'll be happy to see what you like or don't like so far.

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny