39. Wild Thing (Casey)

We spill out on the sidewalk in front of the club entrance. Midnight has passed long time ago. My head is still pulsating and the world around me looks smoky and slightly purple. I'm sure that half of the blood in my veins is replaced by vodka and is probably bright blue.

   I take a deep breath in the cool, night air. I would have surely suffocated, If we had stayed inside a minute longer. It was fun. Dancing with Avery was the hottest thing ever, but there was an obvious luck of oxygen.

   A piercing honk attracts our attention to the middle of the street where a car nearly hits Lilly who's running towards the opposite side, without spearing a second glance at the shocked driver. Bobby rushes after her but stops right in front of the vehicle upon hearing the dreadful, retching sound, coming from behind a row of boxwood shrubs.

   "I told you it was going to come out," Summer slurs as-a-matter-of-factly, raising a brow.

   "What is coming out?" Danny asks, plastering a juicy kiss on her mouth.

   "You don't want to know," Ave huffs.

   "Won't you finally move from the road," the annoyed driver yells at Bobby, who's frozen like a deer in the headlights, unable to make a decision whether to go after Lilly or come back to us.

   "Let's go!" Emmy leads the whole group in the direction of the small park across the street, making the mad driver blurt a ripe curse.

   "Hey, watch your language," her companion steps towards him menacingly but his friend lets go of Dahlia's hand and grabs him by the sleeve, pulling him on the sidewalk. 

   Good job! The last thing we need is a fight right now. The man slams spitefully the car door and pulls off quick-and-dirty.

   We find Lilly, sprawled on her back, in the middle of a lawn, dimly lit by a nearby vintage lantern.

   "Are you alright, sweetie?" Bobby rushes towards her.

   "Stay where you are!" she raises a hand, making him freeze on the spot. "I want Casey," she whimpers, "with some water."

   I grab the bottle which Dahlia manages to dig out of her handbag and sit on the grass next to my pale, panting friend.

   "Why can't you just have fun in a normal way?" I'm gently stroking her back, while she's rinsing her mouth and splashing some water on her face.

   "I know! We're unbearable. I'm sorry!" she mumbles.

   "Can I come closer now?" Bobby shouts from the alley.

   I look at his worried face and burst into laughter. These girls are a real pain in the ass, but you just can't help falling in love with them. I wave him to come and he kneels on the grass, next to Lilly.

   "No more kissing tonight," she frowns.

   "No problem!" the boy beams, rummaging in his pockets. "We'll catch up tomorrow, if you agree to go out on a date with me."

   "Hmm, let me think," she mutters, but smiles faintly when he offers her a handful of bubblegum. "Ok, silly, you got it. I hope it's clear to you that you're bringing only trouble upon yourself."

   "I can't wait," he pinches her cheek.

   Suddenly, her eyes go wide and she gasps, "Oh, God! Not again!"

   I realize that there's some kind of bustle behind us. I turn around and groan. Not again!

   Everyone has crowded at the base of a huge statue of Socrates, begging Summer to climb down. She's sitting on the Greek philosopher's lap with a lipstick in her hand.

   "Honey, please, come down! You know what happened last time," Emmy is pleading.

   Half of us know what this means. The other half have surely guessed already.

   "Not before I make this boring grumpy prettier," she giggles.

   "Summer, get down this instant!" Dahlia stomps her foot.

   "Come here, Danny," Summer seductively purrs, looking at the stunned bar tender instead. "I'm using you as a model. This cute face must be immortalized in a marble piece of art."

   Poor boy steps forward, but is stopped immediately by Emmy's threatening hiss, "Don't even think about it!"

   Summer is fiddling with her phone and, suddenly, loud rock music booms through the quiet park.

"Wild thing!

You make my heart sing.

Wild thing!

I think I love you!"*

   We all hear the wail of the Police siren.

   "Fuck!" Emmy grumbles. "Crazy bitch! I'll let you have it tomorrow."

   "Well, well, well! Nice to see you again girls!" one of the approaching officers smirks. "I admit that we kind of missed you at the station."

   "Good evening officer!" Dahlia greets him politely, "How are you?"

   "Morning," he points. "I was pretty good, before this call for public order violation came."

   "Come on, sweetheart, give me the phone," his partner, a pretty woman with kind voice, pleads with Summer.

   She obediently hands her the phone, sliding down Socrates's leg with a big grin. "Can I drive the Police car?"

   "No, dear," the policewoman answers. "I told you last time that it's not allowed."

   Summer pouts and leans heavily on Danny who immediately hugs her, stroking her hair.

   "Officers, there are no damages on the statue," Ave approaches. "I guarantee that the girls and everyone else will get safely home. I'll call a driver right away."

   The male officer tosses a glimpse at him and his face immediately changes. "Oh, Mr. Ivanoff, I didn't see you. Are these your friends?"

   "Yes, they are. I'm so sorry! We had some shots and things got out of control, but no one's harmed. I promise this will never happen again."

   "Alright, since the statue is untouched this time, and there was only one call from an angry citizen, we can leave this to you to handle. You have fifteen minutes to clear the area and get everyone home."

   "Thank you so much!" Ave shakes gratefully his hand.

   "See," he beams at me when the officers walk away. "Everything's just fine. It was such great fun!"

    I only gasp.

______________________________________

* song by The Troggs

Photo by Min An from Pexels

Photo by Nice_Media_PRO

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 39.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Did you have a fun night with the old and new friends? 😉

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary. 🥰

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny