Part eight

ANNELISSE HAD returned to the hotel once more and when she walked through the door, was surprised to see that everything was collected, someone had collected all of her belongings and the suitcase was ready by the door.  She frowned in confusion, eyeing the entire room warily.

"Hello?" She asked aloud, waiting for an answer. Seconds later, saw someone she was not expecting at all through the bedroom door. With a somewhat amused smile on his face, he approached Annelisse.

"Missed me?"  He smirked after stopping in front of her.

"Albert, what are you doing here?"  She asked.

"Did you really think I was going to let you go without me?"  He raised an eyebrow "I have spoken with the Minister and I have moved here."

"What?"  She said almost without a voice.

"I'm not going to let you stay in a filthy hotel. I have an apartment here in London, come on."

Without giving her time, Albert went to the suitcase as he took Annelisse by the hand and then, they disappeared from there in the blink of an eye. Both reappeared within seconds inside Albert's apartment, which he had mentioned.

Annelisse let out a heavy sigh, Albert was amazing and totally the opposite of Draco. While Draco had managed to gradually fall in love with Muggle attitudes, Albert continually used magic for about everything. In a way, she liked the way he was, Albert Galbott was loose, fearless, self-assured and with charisma.

"You should have told me."  She said after quickly observing the place with her gaze and turning it to him.

"I knew you would try to argue with me and stop me from coming, so I skipped that step. Whoops."  He rolled his eyes in amusement, causing a small smile in Annelisse.

"You are impossible, Galbott."  She said shaking her head.

"Well, I do what I can."  He cocked his head, looking at her "Well, are you going to tell me how it went?"

To which she snorted "I don't know. I guess bad, but hey, I guess I deserve it."  She answered. Albert had recently found out what happened to Annelisse, he was the only one at the moment who knew what she had gone through all these years, who ended up falling in love with her "I know you and I know that you have not only come for work."  She looked at him somewhat defiantly.

"Well, Ann. You know very well why I came." To which she rolled her eyes, trying not to smile "I know why you came and I don't care, I told you so the last time we saw. I understand your situation, but you have to understand mine, that I will fight for you until the end."

"Albert—" she breathed "—we've already talked about this."

"For that very reason,"  He said taking Annelisse's face in his hands, remaining a few inches from her and fixing his eyes on hers "Because I know that you have come to find out what is going to happen, but I must too, and although I know that it is practically impossible, I know that you have feelings for me too."

Annelisse listened attentively to Albert's words.  She knew he was right, after all, if she had returned, it was to find out if she could get Draco back and try, although that already seemed unattainable.

"Don't say anything, just accept it." He sighed "I have to try at least."

"You make it really difficult to hate you."  She scoffed and smiled slightly sideways. He did the same and without hesitation, Albert kissed her tenderly on her lips "Are you really going to stay?"  She whispered after parting their lips.