Part twenty four

AS DRACO'S LETTER asked to Annelisse, that night she went to his house, who had invited her to dinner. She felt a little strange due to the recent events: the breakup with Daphne, which she knew from Blaise's message to Pansy, the fact that they were about to kiss the other night and most of all, the fact of the letter from his father.

She was nervous, had to admit it.  She had agreed to have dinner with Draco and although the idea enchanted her, she did not understand why he suddenly invited her after yelling what he said just before she disappeared from the ministry.

As she was not sure what to wear, believed that a casual, everyday dress would be perfect for the occasion.  Not very neat, but not a mess either.

She nervously, reached the door of Draco's house after appearing right across the street.  After a previous hesitation, she finally knocked on the door, taking a deep breath and waiting for Draco to open it for her.

From the other side of the door, Draco nervously stopped everything he was doing.  He shook his hands against his clothes and made his way to the door to open it.  When he did, not realizing he was smiling, glanced at Annelisse on the other side of the door, who looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I... come in?"  she asked when saw that he did not answer, only looked at her.

He, reacting and coming to his senses, fidgeted, leaning to the side "Oh, sure, come in."

They both entered and after closing the door, Draco quickly returned to the kitchen since he had dinner on the fire.  Annelisse, looking back at the house, still in shock, impressed, followed Draco into the kitchen.

"Sorry, I'm a little late."  He justified himself while he cooked and threw a quick look at Annelisse.

"Easy, nothing happens."  She smiled with some amusement at such an image, Draco Malfoy cooking for her.

Annelisse felt something in the lower part of her legs, something that instantly meowed, causing her to lower her gaze.  Not believing what she was seeing, reached down to pet the cat next to her.

"Is, is it—Perseus?"  She asked with surprise in her voice.

Draco, looking for a second, smirked "Years ago I brought him from Hogwarts."  He explained as he continued to do his job, cooking Annelisse's favorite dish or so he hoped it would continue to be.

"I didn't see him the other time I was there."  She frowned.

"He has spent time with my mother. When my father died I—" he sighed "—I thought he could keep her some company."

"That's lovely, Draco." Annelisse smiled.  She took Perseus in her arms and stood up, standing next to Draco and watching what he did "Is that Mc and Cheese?"  Asked, raising an eyebrow curiously.

"I know it's not very formal, but I thought it would still be your favorite dish and you would want to have it for dinner." He shrugged.

"A classic never dies."  She responded with an amused smile while shaking her head slightly, to which Draco smirked, shooting her a quick look — relieved to have done it right.

After a little mental doubt that crossed Annelisse's mind, she put Perseus back on the ground and rose again, looking at Draco "Why did you invite me? I thought you were upset with me."

"I can't be anymore, Annelisse, but please, after dinner, I don't want to talk about it now." Asked her with a slight frown. He wanted to tell her about it, but he also wished he could do something as normal as have quiet dinner with her.

"It's okay."  She smiled sympathetically at his request.

So then, while Draco finished cooking, Annelisse sat down at the kitchen table and poured herself a glass of the wine on it.  She watched Draco gracefully, enjoying that scene, Draco Malfoy cooking.  And although she had already seen him do it years ago, she was looking at it as if it were the first time.