Part six

21 April, 2005.

ANNELISSE HAD made the decision that morning. She had decided to go talk to him, as he had requested days ago with a letter. She was surprised when she got to the house, even overwhelmed. It was the house she had chosen, she found it nice that Draco had decided to live here even though it hurt her too. This was suposed to be the house of them and that now, he shared with another woman.

She took a deep breath—feeling that she was missing it. After a few seconds still unsure of knocking on the door, finally walked up to it and knocked on the door with her knuckles.

Like Annelisse, Draco from the other side of the door felt his heart race as he heard the noise on the door. He nervously got up from the couch, feeling the sweat on his palms and headed for the door. Almost grasping the doorknob, he took a deep breath, preparing once more for what was about to happen. They had not seen each other since the funeral and it had been three days.

After what seemed like forever to Annelisse, Draco finally opened the door. After this one was Anelisse, who looked at him with a barely visible smile, somewhat nervous. He looked at her almost rapt, still unable to process the fact that she was actually there.

He observed her face once more, every wrinkle that had appeared in her, how her features were now those of a woman, beautiful he thought. He spotted a necklace around her neck that he thought he would never see again, the necklace he gave to her that Christmas, when they met. That made him feel a little tingling in his stomach—even feeling a little hapiness about the fact she had conserved it through all these years—, something he had not felt in a long time.

"May l?" She said softly gesturing with her hand when saw Draco did not say anything, just standing in front of the door.

Draco, coming to his senses, cleared his throat "Yeah, right. Sorry." He stepped away from the door so she could pass.

Annelisse walked in and after her was Draco. He, nervous, guided her towards the kitchen while she looked inside the house with some wonder, surprised. There were certain things that she recognized, things that were positioned exactly as they had spoken and that seemed tender and painful at the same time for Annelisse.

She sat down at the kitchen table as Draco walked over to the counter "Coffee?" He asked her with a somewhat shaky voice.

"Yes, please." She replied in the same tone. For both of them, the situation was really strange and they did not know what to say to each other. It was as if they did not know each other at all, as if they had forgotten the past they had in common completely.

Draco, shaking, finished making the coffee and poured it into two cups and sat across from her. Annelisse recognized the mug he was using and she could not help giving a little chuckle.

"What?" He asked nervously.

She shook her head "Nothing—The mug." She shook his head slightly, pointing at it.

Draco cleared his throat and shifted slightly in his place. "It was too pretty to throw it away." He replied without quite knowing why, frowning.

"Yes..." She lengthened that answer a little, tapping her mug, somewhat uncomfortable. She did not know how to start the conversation, the words were not able to come out, because, what do you say to the man you love after having disappeared for five years?

Both were silent, looking at each other for a second and smiled nervously. At the same time, they took their respective cups and sipped their coffee. Everything was completely silent, you could barely hear the little noise they caused in that uncomfortable and eternal silence.