Part fourteen

MITTIE WAS HELPING Annelisse get ready that afternoon while having a tea at the house that Albert had lent her.  The long-awaited Saturday had arrived and they had all agreed to meet at the Leaky Cauldron that night to reunite the group.

The previous days had been somewhat tense because of the latest news that Draco, Narcissa and Annelisse had received: The three of them should meet again on Monday to read Lucius Malfoy's will at the Ministry.

Narcissa had not seen Annelisse yet, something she was eager to do—even if Annelisse did think on the contrary—, wishing the day to come and the three of them were confused by the fact that Lucius had put Annelisse in his will. Between Draco and Annelisse, nothing had improved, since the latest news had not helped much in their new friendship that they were trying to lead.

This was what she and Mittie were talking that afternoon, as always, her friend trying to get information from her, hoping she knew something.

"I just can't understand it, Ann. It doesn't make any sense."  Mittie said stopping to brush Annelisse's hair and looking at her confused.

"I swear I don't understand it either, Mitts. I don't know what his father would want from me." And she was telling the truth, because since that fateful night when Lucius Malfoy forced her to do the Unbreakable Vow, they never saw or communicated again "I really mean it this time, I don't know anything."

She sighed heavily. With everything that man had put her through, she could only think that it must be another one of his twisted ideas for ruining her life once more.

"Okay, okay. I believe you."  She raised her hands "Draco is fuming."  Said that opening her eyes even wider as she continued to comb Annelisse's hair.

"How's he?" Annelisse asked worriedly, frowning, and took a sip of her tea.

"He..." Mittie sighed as she picked up some strands and began to form the hairstyle Annelisse would wear  tonight "He hasn't stopped going through a lot of things all this time and the last thing it's too much to handle—He has been going to spend the last few days to the manor with his mother."

"His mother..." She thought "I haven't seen her yet, she's going to hate me." Added with some uncertainty and fear.

"It seems to me that Draco has brought her up to date on everything, or so I think he told me in his last message. She doesn't hate you Ann, she's just as confused as everyone."  Mittie explained.

"I'm trying, okay? It's just— everything is so complicated."

"Don't worry, I had a chat with Albert the other day."  She commented "And the asshole is right."  Her friend raised an eyebrow at Mittie in surprise, to which she shrugged in explanation.

"I'm nervous to see the rest of them."  Annelisse admitted after a few seconds in silence, on a sigh.

"Well, try to calm down."  She finished picking up her hair, leaving the lower part loose, being a semi collected.  Mittie leaned back a bit smiling, watching her work "You're perfect."

"Mittie, this is going to be super weird." Annelisse looked at her almost pouting, frowning.

"What do you mean?"  To which Annelisse looked at her in disbelief, saying Really? with her gaze "Well, it doesn't have to be. You said friends, right?"

"Yes."  She got up from the couch she was sitting on. Walked over to the closet and opened it  looking for something to wear for the evening.

Mittie, who was watching her with a raised eyebrow, realizing something was not telling her "What, Ann?"