Part thirty six

THE HOUSE WAS completely silent, still. In their room, the couple lay in bed naked under the white sheets, still enjoying what had just happened in their bodies.

That morning Annelisse had returned home and they had made love, celebrating that it was finally over, celebrating that after two long and eternal days, Annelisse had woken up.

She rested her head on Draco's chest, listening to his relaxed heartbeat, a smile spreading across her face as she realized how happy and complete she was in that moment. Her fingertips caressed his bare chest, playing with Draco's hair between her fingers.

She heard a sigh come from Draco, causing her to lift her head slightly to look at him, who also did the same "What are you thinking?" She asked him, almost in a whisper.

"In the fact that I almost lost you and this time for real." He swallowed hard, feeling all that fear again for a second.

"But it wasn't like that. And it's all over at last." She answered.

Draco stroked Annelisse's sides, outlining her figure with his fingertips. "Yes. It's all over at last." He sighed again "Although another adventure has just begun." He scored, raising both eyebrows.

Annelisse laughed at the memory and she sighed too, thoughtfully. She rested her head on his chest again. "I'm scared. I don't know anything about babies. It's not that I didn't want to have them with you or that we hadn't talked about it before. But I didn't expect things to happen like that, really."

"Well, it's normal feel this way. I am too." He slightly twisted the corner of his mouth for a second "But you will be a wonderful mother, Lisse. I have no doubts."

"You think?" She frowned as she raised her head once more, looking at him "And if not?"

"Don't talk nonsense. Of course I do. What's more, I knowfor sure." Draco sentenced, eliciting a little laugh from Annelisse "Unless you regretted the last proposal I made to you."

"Pff, of course I regret it. Marry you? Not in a million years." She joked.

Instantly Draco shook her lightly into his arms "Hey!" Said indignantly, she laughing.

Annelisse settled in crossing her arms over Draco's chest and resting her head on them, looking at him "Of course I wanna marry you. I've always wanted it." She smiled at him.

"But I'd like to wait until after the baby borns. I don't wanna look like a beach ball on my wedding day." She gave a little laugh.

Draco did the same "You'd be pretty anyway, Lisse." He replied.

She narrowed her eyes "We'll see if you keep thinking the same in a few months when I can't even button my clothes."

"I'll love you the same as always, silly." He raised heis head so he could reach Annelisse's lips and put a kiss on them. "Besides, they say that pregnant women are hotter." He raised both eyebrows in amusement.

"Oh, Malfoy, you pervert." She ran her hand over Draco's face "When have you become a sex addict?"

"It's been a long time. I have to catch up, I have to make love to you as many times as I can." He rolled his eyes in amusement.

She smiled, remembering something with joy "You know, I remember when we started dating and you were constantly holding back, chivalrous."

"Was it so noticeable?" He asked surprised.

"Please, the bulge between your legs was constantly there, pointing at me." She explained between a laugh.

"Oh my God, Lisse, shut up." He complained, somewhat embarrassed even "But I couldn't help it. You turn me on a lot." He shrugged.

"Mmmm yes?" She asked with a silly smile.

"Always." he sighed.

"Tell me, how did your mother take the news?" She settled back, getting a good look at Draco.

"She is tremendously happy. She is passionate about the idea of ​​being a grandma." Draco was looking up at the ceiling, at nothing in particular, thoughtful "Even your mother congratulated me." He looked down at her again.

"Seriously?"

"Your parents and I have talked a lot these two days. In fact, your brother told me that he was getting married too."

"Oh my gosh, is Pat getting married?!" She said with emotion reflected on her face

"Yes." He responded with a smile.

"Oh, God. How happy I am for him. I'll have to see him tomorrow." She bit her lower lip for an instant.

Draco leaned in to kiss her one more time. "Come on, let's go." He said and instantly tried to get up, gently pushing Annelisse away.

She got up behind him "Where are we going?" She asked, picking up Draco's shirt off the floor and putting it on.

After getting on and tying up his pants, remaining shirt off, he turned to Annelisse "Let's get dinner ready. Your favorite dish." He said happily and immediately started walking.

Annelisse followed him across the house, reaching for him and taking his hand as they continued on their way to the kitchen "When have I gotten such a perfect boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at her for a second.

"And future husband." She added.

They both made it to the kitchen and Draco stopped, turning to her "I like the way that sounds." He said in a somewhat hoarse, raspy voice.

"And me." She smiled. She stood on tiptoe, thus reaching for Draco's lips to kiss them.

Merged in that deep kiss, Draco took Annelisse by the legs and lifted her, holding her. He continued kissing her as he guided her to the kitchen counter, where he laid her. He left one last kiss on her lips "You there. I'll cook."

That brought Annelisse a smile again. Being with Draco made her happy, being with that boy she never stopped loving, now being able to finally be with him, without any problem through them.

She watched Draco as he prepared everything to cook-enraptured by the man who had hunted her heart, remembering once more where and how it all began.

She smiled at the memory, that day of December when everything changed for both of them. They were no longer children, they had grown up, a lot had rained since then and also, now they were expecting a child together.

Maybe they had grown up, changed, but the love that Annelisse felt for Draco remained the same as always, it had not changed at all-loving the man in front of her, with all his strengths and weaknesses, loving each one of these as well.

And now even more, knowing that now everything would be different in the end, for the better. Now they could have what they had longed for.

A life together.