Part thirty one

DRACO REMAINED in St. Mungos.  After convincing everyone to go home and rest, he stayed with Annelisse, staying that night in the hospital.  He did not want to spend a second away from her, especially after knowing that even the life of their future child depended on her accepting the treatment well.

He was in the cafeteria with insomnia in his body, drinking a coffee as a useless remedy in front of it.

Thoughtful— like the previous hours, he could not stop thinking about the same idea.

Annelisse bore his child, their future child.

At the idea, a thousand possible scenarios crossed Draco's mind—eager for all of them and each one, even better.

He imagined that life with Annelisse, with their baby, in that future that they had tried so long ago and now seemed to have a chance.

It was a lot to assume, but it was the greatest happiness Draco could feel, plus something he had always wanted with her. 

A family.

It was no longer just a wish or an idea.  It was a reality and although difficult to assume, happy in the face of such an event— more than ever wishing Annelisse to wake up and recover, so that, he could share it with her.

Mixed between worry and happiness in the face of all the recent events, Draco sipped his coffee in that lonely cafeteria, given the time.

Something caught his attention from the peripheral sight of him—someone.

When he raised his head, could see Mittie coming towards him, a small smile on her face.  Silently, she took the seat across from Draco, still smiling.

She let out a little gasp between a strangled laugh, thinking of the news she discovered to "I couldn't sleep, so I came here. I knew I would find you awake."  Explained and then looked Draco directly into his eyes "Her mother told me about it when we got home. Congratulations, I guess."  She smiled at him even more.

He, understanding it, let out a small laugh at the thought once more "It still sounds impossible."  He spoke after several seconds.

"She will wake up, Draco. You don't have to worry about anything. And the baby will be fine."

"You think?"

"Of course."  She looked at him "Daddy."

That made him laugh, happy at the concept.  Dad, he repeated in his head, making him smile even more.

"I know you haven't had an easy relationship, you've been through a lot of things and what your father did was definitely the worst thing he could have done to both of you. Despite then redeeming himself—which I'm very sorry, Draco. Really... "  His friend spoke "In a matter of a month, Annelisse came back, turned everything upside down and once again everything has been twisted around us. But not for the worse this time. So don't give up."

"I shouldn't have insisted on it, Mittie. It's my fault she's the way she is."  Draco spoke "She could be home with me now after a perfect day together, but no. Because of me and my insistence, I brought her here."

"You're not, stop it. You couldn't know. Neither of us couldn't." Mittie swallowed hard "Albert has told me everything he knew."

That made Draco fix his eyes on Mittie's again.

"Now I understand everything she went through and I even feel like a bad friend for judging her... but neither of us knew, Draco. Neither of us could know, so stop blaming you."

"I can't help it, especially when she's there fighting and I'm here, unable to do anything."  He expressed himself with his hands, frustrated.

"Oh shut up—Damn it, Malfoy. She's going to be fine."  She inquired seriously, shutting up Draco, who let out a heavy sigh.