Part thirty seven

THE HOUSE WAS QUIET that morning. Draco had not gone to work since he had requested paternal leave from him, knowing that it was not long before the baby was born. Annelisse would be out of accounts in two days.

Helping with the house since Annelisse could barely move, he finished cleaning the house and between sighs, somewhat tired. He did not want her to do anything. He knew that the last moments of her pregnancy, Annelisse was having a hard time and he took care of her all the time. He constantly pampered her just like in the previous pregnancy.

He heard some growling down the hallway of the house and could not help but laugh a little. Annelisse had woken up from her nap and was coming towards the dining room.

Moments later, a barefoot Annelisse, in a tracksuit, wearing comfortable clothes to be around the house, appeared. Draco approached her and they both kissed "Have you managed to rest?" He asked.

"Yes, although it still hurts." She snorted, thoughtfully "Remind me one more time why I decided to go through all this again." She snorted.

Draco gave a little laugh, watching her walk towards the kitchen "Because you told me you wanted another child. Because you messed me up that night and because we wanted a brother for Mona." Draco explained walking towards her.

"Sure." She opened the fridge and began rummaging through it, looking for something to eat, once again craving.

"Again?" Draco raised an eyebrow, watching her, rummaging once more through the food. "This is the tenth time today you're going to look at the fridge for something to eat." He scoffed.

That made Annelisse turn around, a slice of pickle sandwich in her mouth "I'm pregnant!" She spoke holding the sandwich in her mouth, hands occupied with another two of it. She finished taking a bite and swallowed "I can't help it, I'm hungry all the time." She snorted closing the fridge. She walked over to Draco "I'm fat, ugly. I know." She made a face, pouting.

Draco took her face for a second, looking at her with a smile "You're beautiful, Lisse."

She tried to hide her smile but it was practically impossible "Bootlicker." She replied something amused, making Draco laugh.

The two walked to the living room again while Annelisse took another bite of those sandwiches that she had taken "Will you go pick Mona up at school?" She asked her.

"Of course." He planted a kiss on her lips "You rest. I'll take care of everything."

Annelisse made a small face, bringing her hand to her huge belly "Oh, the sleepyhead has already woken up." She said.

"Yes?" Draco asked, reaching for Annelisse's belly, trying to feel the baby. Within seconds, it moved, making Draco notice him and raise his eyebrows in shock.

"Always that surprised face." She laughed.

"I know it's the second time, but I can't believe you have a little person in there. It's just—wonderful." Draco explained.

"Yes, until it's time to kick it out." She looked reluctantly at Draco.

"It seemed that the demon had possessed you. You insulted me, you hit me." Draco complained, frowning.

"Oh, shut up, you idiot!" She brought her hand to his chest "You know what it feels like, dying of pain, trying to eject a baby from your body, from down there. And having your boyfriend-fiancé complain that a small—insignificant handshake hurts?"

Draco laughed "You just squeezed my hand so hard, Lisse. It hurt."

She growled "You're impossible, Malfoy. And a whiner." He snorted.

Draco laughed once more, but this time taking Annelisse's face and making her look at him to then kiss her "I love you." He kissed her again "Next time I'll bring an iron cane for you to hold onto." He teased once more against her lips.

"As I said, idiot."

"But you love me." He whispered to her.

"Just a little." She made a mocking face just before kissing Draco again.