Chapter 9

•Amber•

I walked outside and towards them.

"What do you two want?" I snapped and Selena's eyes turned red and she growled at me. I rolled my eyes.

"At least I'm dating someone who's died" Jake said and sent him my best glare. "oh and Darren know about your little friend" he said and smirked as he peaked threw the window at Max.

"He looks delicious..." Selena said as she licked her lips. "I'm hungry so why not now." She said and smirked over at me. Crossing her arms over her chest.

"Leave him alone." I growled and she tilted her head to the side and smiled at me.
"you touch him and I'll rip your head off." I said all was truthful. Jake lets Selena kill Max and I will kill the girl he cares for.

"Well then...ill Just get him in his sleep." she said and they walked off.
Worry filled my body knowing she would, she has no mercy.

She could easy snap my brothers neck and not have a care in the world.
But that's because of who raised her. Spencer, 17 year old for 400 years he is. And a very smart guy, but again he has no mercy. He's killed all his human wife's, because they knew to much or didn't do as he pleased.

I walked back into the hospital and smiled as I looked in Max's direction. Only that Max wasn't there, and I panicked. I ran down the hallway. But no sign of him.

"Maxwell?!" I shouted and kept running, I reached the cafeteria and I saw him. I ran to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I was shaking, I was so worried she already got him or my brother had.

"Amber..calm down what happened?" Max asked and rubbed circles in my back with his thumb. I pulled away and looked at him.
He rubbed his thumb under my eye, on my cheek. I tilted my head to the side alittle.

"You were crying..." he whispered and put his hand back to my waist. I eyes widened and I looked down.
"What? Hey it's okay we all-" I stopped him by shaking my head.

"No Max....I'm not supposed to cry... I can't" I stuttered and I pulled away from his touch and paced. "Something's not right"
I sighed and he just raised and eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked and stepped towards me alittle.

"I need to talk to Darren" I said and he slowly nodded. I walked up to him and kissed him on the lips quickly,
"I'll be back. stay here..." I demanded, he nodded.