Chapter 17

- Max -

I woke up and as I tried to make my head, sharp pains come from my neck. I heard muffled screams, which I ignored.

"Your awake..." I heard a male voice say, I turned my head a little. It was Jake.
"Nice eyes." He laughed and I set up and looked in the mirror in the corner. My eyes were bright red, I was shocked at the sight. But smiled. I also noticed my neck had 2 holes in it and it was covered in blood. Even my shirt had blood on it. It was a horrible sight.

"Here let me clean your neck don't want my dad to attack you." Jake said pulling up and table with a bowl of water and a towel. He put the towel up to my neck rubbing off the blood.

"So how did you get to be living here, with Darren and Amber?" I asked and he laughed a little.

"Well, I was here before Amber. And I was a server at my grandparents, it was the late 1900's." he began, telling the story like it was just yesterday say it happened. He got down cleaning my neck and put the towel down and leaned back in his chair.

"They sent me out to the market, getting fresh fruits and vegetables. They were having a party that night." He said. "They were a fancy family so they had lots of grand party's. They just took me in because my family died. But anyways, I was walking and that's when Darren approached me. He lead me into the woods." he sighed and this hand went up to his neck.

"That's where he killed me, I woke up and I was here. I wake up and found Darren. I was terrified of him, not gonna lie I still am. But he raised me. Then Amber came along and he did the worst thing imaginable." he stuttered the ending looking awash from me.

"What?" I asked curious of what had happened, curiosity always got the best of me.

"He made her kill her own mother. Best she keep going on to the police." he said and my eyes widened.

"What about her father?" I asked and he stood up, so I did to.

"He's the one who brought her here. He found his daughter died in the woods" He said coldly. "Because some shitty human boy she loved got drunk and killed her." he glared and his eyes turned red. He quickly left the room, i sat back down on the bed processing what I was just told.