Chapter 1

-Max-

I walked into the hospital, my back pack hanging on one of my shoulder.

"Max! I haven't seen you in awhile" Miss Blue, a little old lady who works here, beamed at me.

"I was just here about 2 days ago" I laughed and put my backpack behind her desk. She put her little hand on my shoulder.

"Oh you know that's just to long, Maxwell." she said and I just rolled my eyes smiling.
"Your mothers with a patient, but she wanted you to meet someone after she was done" Miss Blue explained, she smiled up at me and I returned it.

"Well I'll be in the cafeteria" I sighed and she nodded as she began to talk to a man, who I was guessing here for an appointment.

I walked into the large room, Sweet smells filling my nose.
I walked towards Katie she smiled and waved at me.
"Max, I've been waiting for you to get out of school" she smiled and leaned against the little counter in front of her.

"Good, have a snack for me to try today?" I smirked at her and she nodded and walked over the little display opening it and grabbing a plate.

"I made this today, your the first to try it!" She beamed with excitement. She handed me the plate and I didn't take to long before I devoured the little piece of cake.

"Katie, that was amazing. how do you do it?" I asked and her cheeks became a pinkish color as she rolled her eyes. She was gorgeous I had to admit, her curly brown her in a bun. Her hazel eyes that could be green one minute and a dark brown the next. but most of all her-

"Max, are you ok?" She laughed waving her hand in front of my face. I shook my head a little and then looked up at her.

"Uhh, yeah just fine..." I sigh and she laughed and turned back around, untiring her apron from her waist. "Where you going?" I questioned as she hug it up onto the little rack by the door.

"I'm on break, dumbo" she said as if I was supposed to know. She walked up to me and grabbed my arm pulling me with her. "come on" she whined. I just rolled my eyes and followed her, she pulled me out of the large cafeteria.

"Oh Max! Sweetheart come here real quick!" My mother called to me when we entered the hallway. I looked over at Katie and she nodded.

"I'll be right back" i reassured her. I then jogged over to my mom and she smiled and opened the door to her office. We walked in and I noticed a girl sitting on the couch.
She had blonde/white hair. She had a light blue t-shirt on and some black skinny jeans.

"Max this is Amber, Amber this is my son Max." my mother introduced us. The girl stood up and gave me a cheeky smile. She stuck out her hand for me to shake and I did.
"She will be helping us with the bleed drive next week." my mom said and clapped her hands. "oh I'm so excited!" She cheered and I just raised an eyebrow at my mother.

"Well me and Katie we're going somewhere so can I go...?" I trailed off and my mother nodded.

"Yes! But do you mind if Amber comes with you?" My mother asked and I bit my lip. I looked over at the girl then back at my mom.

"Sure...why not" I said and my mother patted me on the back. Leaving me and Amber in the small waiting room. "okay...lets go I guess" I sigh and I tired around and walked out of the room, Amber following behind me.

"Who is this?" Katie asked as she stood up from the small bench. I looked back Amber, she smiled and waved over at Katie.

"I'm Amber, I'm helping with the blood drive" Amber said before I could introduce them.

"Oh...well I'm Katie, I bake in the cafeteria" Katie replied back and we sat in silence for awhile. "Well who wants to go to the mall I have 2 hours"

We all nodded in agreement and went to the elevator, then to Katie's car.

-

Me and mom were on are way home and she looked over at me.

"Max, what did you get at the mall?" She asked and I took my eyes away from my window as I looked over the city. I looked at her and sat back.

"I really did see anything I wanted..." I sighed and she nodded. She always likes to make small talk when we ride home. But she never asks about school, cause she knows I no interest in that stupid place. I'm a good student, good grades, but do I care.
Not really.

"And Amber..." She trailed off and trying to hide a smile. I groaned and glared at my mother. "What she's a nice girl. you will working with her anyways" she laughed and looked over at me then back to the road.

"Mom! I dont really want a girl friend" I groaned yet again and she just sighed.

"Fine no girlfriend. I'm guessing that means your finally over Katie then." she smiled at me and my eyes widen.

"Oh my god mom!" I shouted. Im gonna kill my little brother!

•A/N•
Hey guys I'm Savy!
If you read one of my books already...that's good.
But this is a new book, if you don't really like the whole supernatural or paranormal thing then you probably won't like this book.
its kinda mainly what it's about.
But ok that's about it bye!