Chapter 16

• Amber •

I paced the living room as Darren watched me form the couch. He raised an eyebrow. Then patted the spot next to him and I hesitantly sat down next to him. I looked up at him.

"You like the boy, yes?" He asked and I smiled looking down playing with my bracelets. "Then what's stopping you from changing him?" He asked curiously.

"I don't think I can stop once I start." I sighed looking back up. I had seen to many people I care about die right in front of me. Like my mother and that was my own fault for letting Darren get in my head.

I heard a door close and I shot up, I saw their figures walk into the room. I ran straight to Max and into his arms.

"Oh my god. your okay..." I sighed and I held his face in my hands when I pulled away. I smiled as I took ever bit of face, noticing he had not been hurt. I kissed his cheek and he smiled down at me.

"I missed you." he whispered and I giggled intertwining are fingers. Pulling him into the living room fully. Darren stood up and walked over to us, me being protective not knowing what he would do to Max. I stepped in front of Max still having are hands locked.

"What I just wanted to greet the boy, darling" Darren said and smiled at me. I slowly stepped out of the away. "Hi, I'm Darren." He greeted and shuck out his and which Max shook.

"I'm Max." Max replied. He took hand away from my hand and wrapped around my waist, Pulling me closer.

"Warm hands. Don't you think you'll miss it?" Darren asked and I looked down. I do this a lot, mainly when I really don't like the subject. Or don't want to be in this conversation.

"No sir. If it means I can be with Amber, then I'm willing to lose it" Max answered back strongly. I looked up at him and I couldn't help but smile.
"I think of her as a diamond, I just stumbled upon. I don't want to just throw it away. You don't just leave diamonds in the dust" he said and finished looking down at me smiling.

"Well, why not now?" Darren clapped and Jake grabbed his shoulder.

"Father, are you serious." Jake asked shocked at what Darren had just announced.

"Yes, and you will make sure she doesn't kill him. Go now." Darren demanded, shooing us off. I sighed and turned around to face Max.

"Max..." I said and he put his hand in mine again. Then his other hand made its way to my cheek. His warm hand smoothing me.

"I'm fine, I promise." he said and planted a kiss on my forehead. My hands were shaking out of control as I followed Jake up to my room. Which was really just a bed and some chairs. Which i dont know why I had it. Darren picked the stuff for are rooms.

"Okay sit on the bed." Jake pointed and closed the door behind us. I hesitant let go of Max's hand and he went over to the bed. "Now Amber. Come here" he demanded. So walked over, i looked him died in the eye was held my shoulders.

His eyes turned black, mine did the same.
"You will change Max. Not drain him. When I say stop you stop." he mumbled as we stared at each other. He now had his control over my body.

"I will change Max. I will not drain him. When you say stop I stop." I muttered back and I then started to move towards Max. I tilted his head to the side, my lips lingering over his neck. I opened my mouth my fangs suck into his neck. I sucked his blood, closing my eyes.

"Stop." Jake demanded, but my body took over, I started to suck more and more of his blood. "Amber, stop." he repeated.

I was pulled away. I felt my eyes red as my brother dragged me out of the room. I let out to screams. I wanted to run back in there and get more blood from him.