Chapter 21

• Amber •

"Jake just listen to me please" I say and I hear a sigh on the other end. "Spencer has Max's mom I need-" I was cut off by a humorous laugh.

"Oh and yes darling, I have your brother." he said and my body stiffened. "come and get them..." he growled and the line went dead. The phone dropped from my ear, I looked over at Max.

"Max we can't go to Spencer's." I say, I gripped my phone tightly.

"No I'm going to get my mom." he said with his teeth gritted. His eyes burning red. I argued with him saying no and he just looked over at me. "what why?!" He shouted, looking back to the road.

"because he will take you away from me!" I shout back, I lean back in my chair and run my head threw my hair. I felt my hand, that was laying on my thigh, get picked up. Max intertwined his fingers with mine, he planted a kiss on the back of my hand.

"I'm sorry..." he said and I looked over at him, I smiled and he pulled over. "Just, we need to get my mom back." he sighed. I nodded.

"Yes and we need to get Jake back."

-

We arrived at my house and I ran into the house, I looked around, finding Darren in the kitchen.

"Oh god, what do you want?" He groaned, chopping some deer meat. Putting blood bags in the fridge. Max came up behind me tearing his hand on my waist.

"Spencer has Jake" I stated making Darren turn on his heals to look at me. "He has Max's mom too." I finish and he slammed his hands on the counter top, making Max jump me.

"You changed him. But that's what Spencer didn't want. He must have wanted some thing from Max." Darren trailed off moving his head to look over at Max.

Max shook his head and looked down at me.
"What could I have that he wanted?" He asked and I just looked down thinking, I tapping my finger on the counter top.

"He's the cure. he was gonna kill off all other demons to create a new kind." Darren explained, I said my head gave him a weird look. He rolled his eyes, putting his wine and moonshine in the fridge.

"How would you know that Darren?" I asked and Darren sighed.

"Believe it or not. I was friends with Spencer, he knew about Max before you did. He told me his plan, but I left, When he started to raise Selena. That's why I wanted you to change Max, to maybe stop his plan." he sighed and I nodded, taking in the new info.

I dont know what to do but I will do anything to keep Max in my life and away from Spencer.