Chapter 22

• Jake •

I winced in pain, being blinded by the sudden light when Spencer pulled the curtains open. He laughed coldly, I looked Over at the women next to me. She was shaking in fear.

"Selena!" Spencer called threw the house and I heard fast clicks from the stair case.

"Yes, Spencer?" She asked twirling her hair in her fingers. He rolled his eyes and walked up to her. She gave him a confused and worried look as his eyes turned black. "Spen-" was all she could say before he snapped her neck. The thud of her body hitting the marbled rang threw the house. The women next me cried and whimpered shaking still.

"Oh shut up. your son will be here soon, save your pathetic crys" he said and his eyes still black. He looked at me and smirked, his eyes returning to normal. "It's a shame, your son. He's just like this young man over here." he laughed and motioned to me. The women, I'm guessing now Max's mom, didn't even turn her head. Spencer walked over to kneeling down in front of me.

"It's a shame. He is probably as pathetic as this boy as well" he growled and his hand connected with my cheek. The sting lingered, I winced and he chuckled.
"See...pathetic"

-

• Amber •

I ran up to her and she wrapped her arms around me as I shook. Mary was always there when I need her most. I heard the snow crunch behind and Mary pulled away. I turned around and smiled at my boyfriend.

"Hey. I'm Max" he greeted and shook Mary's hand. She smirks at me and I just nudged her shoulder. Making her almost fall over.

"Can we go inside I'm freezing..?" Max asked and Mary smiled, rolling her eyes. We followed her into her cabin, I came here for a reason so I need to ask already.

"Mary, we need your help." i state and she turns on her heals raising her eyebrows at me. "It's Spencer." I say and her eyes go wide and she shakes her head.

"Amber, no you know what happened" she said and I grabbed her arm turning her around.

"They have Jake!" I cried and she just looked away from me.

"I'll try" she sighed, I pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered, and I felt a tear on my neck. I hugged her tighter.
"I'm sorry."