Chapter 23

- Max -

We got in the car, I squeezed the stirring wheel tightly as Amber got in.

"It's okay she's gonna help-" I cut her off, I gave her a stern look and shook my head.

"That's bull." I say threw gritted teeth. "She was a wreck in there." I say louder and she looked out the window as we pull off.

"You know what bull?" She asked looking over at me, "that you put no trust in anything." she said her voice cracking. I kept my eyes on the road. But what I did next was something that I didn't even know I would do.
"Max!" Amber screamed as I swerved the car, off the road and towards the trees.

-

I set back and stared at the broken windows around me. Amber hit the window beside her. I looked over and there were cuts all over her face.

"What the hell, Max?" She hit my in the arm. She looked at me, her eyes filled with sadness and worry.

"I dont know what to do! I just wna a feet my mom back...i lost my dad I'm not loosing her!" I yelled and she scooted over to me. "I just don't want to loose everyone"

"I'm not gonna let him kill her, Max, you have to listen to me. Trust me." she whispered holding my face in her hand. "you just... You gotta trust me." she finished leaning her forehead on mine.

I grabbed the sides of her head with my hand and pulled her down, planting a kiss on he forehead. Then I kissed her lips and pulled her closer to me.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry"