Chapter 6

-Max-

I sat in the seat as Katie set up some cakes and stuff in the display case. Then she looked at me and smirks.

"What's up with you and Amber?" She asked and grabbed my tea glass and refilled it. My eyes widened at the question.

"Wa-what do you mean?" I asked and she laughed and looked me died in the eye.
Creeped me out a little bit, she opened her mouth but was distracted. Her eyes left mine and a huge smile grew on her face.

"Joshua!" She squealed and I turned around and she ran out of her booth. She ran and jumped into Joshua's arms. He hugged her and she started crying.

"Oh hey josh!" I shouted over to them and Katie and Joshua pulled away and looked at me. He waved and I waved back.
Joshua was Katie's boyfriend, but that didn't stop me from liking her. I mean who wouldn't.
He worked in the army he must have just gotten back.
Katie had a huge smile on her face but tears were beaming out of her eyes.

"Oh how lovely" I heard someone's voice next to making me jump. "That's so sweet" Amber smiled as she looked at me.

"Oh my god you have to stop doing that" I shook my head at her and she giggled. She looked at me and her eyebrows knitted together.

"You okay, Maxwell?" She laughed and turned to looked at me fully. I looked down and nodded. "you were just staring at me for a minute" she smiled.

Well crap now I look like a freak because I staring at her. I just like to stare at think at are pretty...hey I got it!

"Awe thank you Maxwell" She said and took my hand in hers. "I think your quite handsome" she smiled at me. I laughed finding the courage to intertwine are fingers.

"You have to stop reading my mind. My pick up lines will be ruined" I laughed and then my eyes widened.
"I mean uhh.."

"Pick up lines? Wow, Maxwell" Amber laughed and looked over at Katie and Josh. "Their so cute. I want a relationship like that" she frowned and looked down.
"Someone to miss me"

"Amber you okay?" I asked and she looked at me and shook her head.

"Wanna know how I became this way?" She asked out of the blue and I nodded. She leaned in closer to me, so she could whisper.
she sighed and eyes locked with mine. "My dad knew Darren, I dont know how but he did. and then I met Darren. my dad told him to raise me and then he left." she finished and I squeezed her hand, she sighed.

"Hey, it's okay..." I said and my hand rested in her cheek. She smiled at me and leaned forward. But she kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, Maxwell" she said and stood up. "But I better go" she said and walked off. Forgot she doesn't off much of 'feelings' anymore.

Josh walked over to me and pointed on the direction of Amber as she left the room.
"Is she from like the 90's or something?" He laughed and he had his arms wrapped around Katie's waist.

"Pretty much." I smiled.