||Journey to Destruction||

Swara is dropping her tears while thinking of the recent incidents happened few hours before. She is resting her head against the window chair but her gaze is as always outside the window. She has no idea of her surrounding but suddenly her trance gets broken when the lady beside her places her hand upon her shoulder and she comes to consciousness. Hurriedly wiping her tears, she looks toward the lady to see some worry in the eyes of that lady and that also for her?

Lady:- Ji, I have been calling you for last few minutes but it looks like you are busy in your own thought. Is it something serious as a beautiful, young girl is travelling alone at night time? And that too a long journey from Kolkata to Mumbai!

Swa(being flabbergasted, mutters):- Mumbai!?

Lady:- What happened?

Swa(lies):- Nothing, it's just I'm orphan and today only I've been rusticated from my previous job so I thought to go to Mumbai and search my luck there.

Lady:- But at night time?

Swa(again lies):- Oh..my last few months' rent is not meted out so the warden of my previous mess has snatched my night's shelter too. So I thought late night train journey would be a better option. And see it's safe here.

Lady(sympathetically):- I'm sorry, ji. Actually we are going to Mumbai also as my husband has been transferred there recently and on tomorrow morning, he must have to be present. But let's keep hope . Then see, oneday you'll get your share of happiness. Think it as God is testing your patience, but at the end of the day you'll gain everything.

Swa(amazed):- You're very positive about life, I see.

The man , husband of that lady interrupts between their talk.

Man:- Because Neela is the reason behind our today's happiness. What we are having today is just because of her. Her patience, support and understanding is the mantra behind our success. As we have eloped from our house so we didn't have much with us that time. But she was always beside me to give me mental strength and today I'm successful to support my family.

Swa(amazed):- But isn't it wrong to elope..I mean to say they do so much for you then..?

Neela(little smiles):- You are alone in this world that's why you're feeling like that but when you're in love you can't think of other things..and moreover, we have eloped because of our families' fake propaganda and beliefs. They were always against this marriage because we were from different castes so it was the last step, you know! And look today how happy me and Subhas with our kids!

Swara smiles lightly and thinks how much happy they are with each other that they are ready to do anything for being with each other. She sighs as this is beyond her imagination that someone will do like that for her. It's not she wants to break some happy family but she wants to be someone among them. She has always wished to have a special place in his husband's heart beside others.

•••

Other side, Sanskar comes out from Gadodia House but couldn't find swara anywhere else. Her tear stricken face is flashing before his eyes continuously. How she gets out of the house with all her luggage as her family couldn't accept her as her marriage gets broken at the mandap only and that's too when she has no fault in this. What they have said about her - "she is illegal","she is a curse". Don't know why listening her misery, he gets drowned in guilt. If he hasn't come to accept the marriage then maybe they have kept her in their house atleast. Now he could not calm his inner soul....with each passing second, he is feeling like something very important part of his life is going away from him. It's like someone is tearing apart one part of his soul.