Chapter 35

He woke up before you, just studying the perfect view of you sleeping in his bed before he'd ruin the sight after he told you

You slowly opened your eyes to see Bucky sitting at the edge of your bed facing away from you shaking his head. Even in your sleepy state you could see something was troubling him. "Bucky?" You asked your voice riddled with tiredness and sleep. "Where did you go yesterday?"

"No where special."

"I was worried, you didn't text or call."

"No I know, I'm sorry."

"It's fine,"You sat up and wrapped your arms around his neck, from behind and kissed his cheek. "So whatcha wanna do today?"

"I'm not sure, I kinda just wanna stay in?"

"Okay," You felt as if something was wrong with him, he wasn't facing you, his voice had little to no emotion and it almost felt like he was bored with you being there with him. He stood up forcing you to take your arms off him, he walked into his bathroom and stood by the sink. You saw him in the mirror, a mix of unreadable emotions etched into his face, and sadness in his eyes. He looked lost, hopeless and scared. He looked at himself before sighing and dropping his head. "Babe?" You asked quietly and softly.

"Yeah?" He said and shook his head slightly, just enough for you too see it.

You got out of his bed and starts walking towards him. "Are you okay?" You rested yourself up the door way in hopes to not suffocate him with your presence. 

When he looked up he saw you, his heart squeezed in his chest, like you had it in the palm of your hand. He didn't let his eyes stay connected with yours too long as he couldn't bare too see your caring, beautiful face. You looked so worried and concerned, he locked his view onto his own broken eyes and he couldn't bare to see himself. His anger just took over, the whirling of the metal plates in his arm had a mind of their own and before he knew it there where shards of shattered glass all across the bathroom counter. Showing Bucky how broken he truly was.
He heard you Yelp in surprise and he just looked down.

"Bucky? Can you hear me?" You said softly thinking he was in one of his ptsd trances. You started taking a step forward when Bucky held his hand up to you. His mind was running away from him, he could hear the screeching of your parents tires. The dying engine spluttering to stay alive, he could almost smell the leaking petrol.

"Don't come near me."

"Please, I don't want to hurt you." You took another step.

"Don't fucking come near me y/n. Just don't." He said the last part as a whisper.

"James?" Bucky stiffened as he heard the little voice that haunts his sleeping and waking moments. "Look at me." He slowly turned, unsure of what he'd see. There you where, standing in front of him. Your hair in a long plait.