Chapter 3

"Y/n!" Tony said getting up and walking over to you

"Y/n!" Tony said getting up and walking over to you. "I'm surprised FRIDAY didn't inform me that you arrived" He said wrapping his arms around you and giving you a tight squeeze making sure not to get grease and oil on your coat.

"Who's Friday?" You asked and kissed his cheek.

"Like Jarvis 2.0"

"Ah right, heya Bruce" you said looking over at the table.

"Hey y/n" you limped over towards him and also gave him a hug.

"Gotta leave me for last" Rhodey mumbled as you reached to hug him. "How you been y/n?"

"Better, what about you how's the walking thing?" You asked.

"Getting used to the braces but I'm okay, how about you, you seem to be limping?" He said softly and sent you a small smile. Rhodes is like a brother to you, you'd known him for years and he had became your go to advice dispenser.

"Yeah about that, Tony can you take a look?"You hopper onto the bed and Tony wheeled himself over to you as you rolled up you trouser leg so he could get to the metal.

He immediately started to tinker with it as Bruce began to walk over to you. Bruce, Rhodey and of course your brother all knew about the trauma and nightmares you dealt with. "Are you still having nightmares?" He asked.

"Yeah, I had one last night but that was the first in three days I think" He nodded and your brother looked up to you.

"Same thing?" He asked and you nodded.

"You was there though" you said and jolted at the slight tingly feeling in your leg.

"Sorry" he muttered and carried on working.

"There not as bad as they used to be, I think it's because I'm not as stressed. I've been spending more time at the library recently, so I think that helps" Bruce nodded and walked back over to a table.

"Oh y/n, I was going to call you in a couple days, we are having a party on Friday" Your brother said.

"The occasion?"

"We are?"Bruce asked completely unaware of the idea.

"Yes we are, the occasion is because why not?" Rhodey rolled his eyes and Bruce sighed and rubbed his face as your brother spoke. You let out a small chuckle at their reactions.

"I'll speak to Emma, I don't know who would look after beck"

"Bring her with you, there will be another child here anyways, they are the same mental age so they should get in fine. You can all stay the night"

"I mean sure, I'll make sure with Emma, formal?"

"Nope, just look pretty" You rolled your eyes and nodded before rolling of your side and onto your back.

***
3rd person PoV.

As y/n was in the workshop and Emma and wanda was catching up on the kitchen, Becca thought she should entertain herself with exploring.

She was walking down one of the many grey corridors until she bumped into someone. She stumbled back and landed on her bottom as she looked up at whatever she hit.

"I'm sorry" The man said and raised his right hand to help the young girl out while he tucked his left behind his back.

Once in her feet she saw the reflection on his arm. "Wow! Your like my auntie! Can I look at it?" She said pointing to his arm. He looked down at her with his eyebrows knit together.

"Uhm sure" he bent down to her height and she put her hands on the cool metal.

"Wow. I'm Rebecca but you can call me, Becky or Becca or beck, whatever one I don't mind" she said still looking at the arm.

"I'm James you can call me bucky or Buck, I don't mind" A small smile expanded on his face as he watched the young girl study each movement he made.

"Bucky? That sounds nothing like James?" She said looking at his big blue eyes.

"No it doesn't, but it sounds like my middle name" He said softly and his smile grew as he watched her try and figure it out.

"But my middle name is rosey, I don't ask people to call me rose?" He let out a barely audible laugh and just shrugged. "I should probably go find my mum or I'm going to get yelled at"

"You know where she is?" He asked and stood back up.

"Yup" with that James was left in the corridor as beck quickly skipped away. He hadn't even thought to ask her who's child she was or if she knew where she was, he thought none of the avengers where parents.

***

"Fixed it!" Your brother said and you sighed in relief.

"What was it?"

"Loose screw, that's what was making the noise, plus you ripped one of the wires inside. That's what caused the balance issues" he said and you sat up.

"Thanks tony. I really miss you." you said and you only said it because it was only him and you in the room.

"I missed you y/n, I don't forget about you, you know?"

"No I know, I just wish everything could be like it was before the accident"

"Yeah me too" he sighed and stood up ruffling your hair.

"Hey!" You groaned and he laughed at your attempt at trying fixing it.

"Come here" he said and gave you a proper hug, one that felt like home.

"Tony, Theres-oh shoot, sorry" Rhodey said noticing your moment.

"No it's okay what's up?" You said pulling away a little upset that it was over.

"Theres that kid from Queens here to see you" he said and walked out of the workshop.

"Well, you seem a little busy, I'll go find Emma and beck and I'll speak to you later okay?" You said and kissed his cheek as He nodded. "Oh and Tony?"

"Mmh?"

"Don't be afraid to call me for more then parties"