Chapter 24

After returning to the compound you saw mostly everyone was back except the ones on missions

"Y/n, a word?" Emma said looking at everyone who sat around you.

"Everything alright?" Bucky asked sitting up.

"Mhm, y/n." She said making you stand up. She quickly grabbed ahold of your hand and led you out of the red room and down the corridor still not saying anything.

"Emma? Come on? What's up?" You said as she roughly pulled you into her room and closed the door.

"Look." she said passing you a shoe box.

"Emma?-"

"Just look."You nodded and opened the box.

"What the fuck?" You said pulling out one of the many pregnancy tests. "But it was negative-"

"And now it's positive." she said looking into the box. "And it can't be buckys, we used a condom very time."

"Jesus Emma, he's only just forgave you, it's going to break him all over again." You sighed and placed the positive test into the box.

"Maybe he will want to help me raise it."

"Emma are you out of your mind? I'm trying to be supportive and you know I will be all the way through this but listen to me now, what makes you think he would want to raise it with you? A baby that isn't his?"

"If he loves me he may stay."

"No.That's not fair on him, that's too much pressure and stress on him, God he's going to be crushed."

"Yes I know he will be, but I can't give this baby up, i just can't," She took a breath and sat down on the bed beside you. "I'll tell bucky and Tyler tonight."

"Good, I'm going to go back to the group." you said getting up.

"Yeah I'll be there in a minute." After you left her room, you looked down the corridor to see Bucky walk into his bedroom and slam the door behind him.

Shit.

You quickly walked to his bedroom and opened the door as you knocked. "Go away." He said not looking at who it was.

"Bucky can -"

James turned to look at you with anger and tears in his eyes and yelled. "I said go away!" You flinched are the sudden outburst and looked away.

You nodded and gave him a small smile without looking at him, too scared you'd make him even more angry again. You quickly left and closed his door.

After the door closed and you started to walk away you heard something shatter and a loud yell come from buckys room.

You wanted to go and comfort him but at this moment you was scared for your safety around him.

"Come on.....come on.... pick up"You said Into the phone. "Ah Steve!"

"Y/n, I'm kinda busy right now!" He shouted causing you to move the phone away from your ear. His voice was followed up  by gunshots and him yelling commands to Sam.

"Listen I won't take up much time, I just need to know how you calm down Bucky."

"What? why?  Is everything okay with him?"

"Not exactly but I just want him to calm down before he hurts himself, so  what do I do?"

"How much time do you have?"

"A bit."

"Go into my room and go to my bookshelf and grab my journal."

"How's this going to help me?" You asked walking in the direction of his room.

"There is a page in their of a recipe Buckys mum gave me a long time ago for cookies, she'd only ever make them on special occasions but they might make him calmer."

"Or really depressed, but okay, I'll try not to butcher them."

***

After almost burning down the kitchen and two or more hours of baking you had managed to make a perfect batch of cookies. They cooled down and you put them into a Tupperware box with a note that said.

A  little birdie told me you like cookies
Ps. They're not poisonous

You placed them at his door and walked away without knocking so he'd find them at an unpredictable time.

A couple hours had gone by when Emma came barging through your door making you jump. "Your a life saver y/n!"

"Uh oh what's happened?"

"Your cookies totally worked"

"They what?"

"Your plan? To make cookies and pretend they where from me" You swear you heard your heart break. "It worked, he was so happy about the cookies that we ended it on a high note."

"Oh yeah, that's good then." You said with a painfully obvious fake smile.

"Your my best friend y/n, thank you so much!" She said and placed a kiss onto you cheek before leaving.

You sat down on the edge of your bed and looked at your phone that had lit up in your hands.

Steve
Did those cookies work?

You
Like a charm

You chucked yourself onto your bed and just stared at the ceiling fan, that slowly span over you. You really didn't understand why everything was going wrong for you. You just wanted a bit of normality. Something to keep you grounded otherwise you'd go insane.

After a while you heard a knock on your door, you had hoped it was Bucky but it wasn't. "Hello sweetheart, what's wrong?" You said looking down at the sleepy Becca.

"I can't sleep." She walked in to your room and immediately climbed onto your bed and got in the covers. She just stared at you before tapping the bed with her hand. "Come on."

You followed your order and got in beside her. She curled up and took a hold of your hand and held it under the side of her head.

You would loose feeling in your hand in a matter of minutes. "Night." She said before closing her eyes.

"Night sweetheart."