Chapter 25

"Y/n, y/n? Wake up wake up!" Your heard while feeling gentle taps on your cheek

"Becca?"

"Who else? Wake up!"

"I'm up, I'm up." opening your eyes you saw Becca sitting up beside you. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long." as she smiled you realised what she was wearing. It was a very very baggy hoddie, all you could see was her head the rest was swallowed her.

"I'm guessing your hungry?" She nodded. "Come on then, let's get you some breakfast."

You gave Becca what she breakfasts she wanted and she just stared at you after she was finished, like she was trying to decide something.

"Y/n? If I show you something, can you keep it secret?"

"Of course." Well it depended on what it was.She quickly grabbed ahold of your hand and pulled you off the sofa.

"You mustn't tell anyone, not even my mummy."
She carried on pulling you through most of the corridors until you both reached a door. She put her hand on the scanner and it flashed green accepting her. You looked down at her having nothing so say and she just laughed.

The door opened and she grabbed your hand once more and led you inside. "Woah, who did- tony." You answers your own question.

The room was quite small but filled with toys. The floor was covered in a pink fluffy rug that matched the baby blue walls.  In the middle was a small table with chairs surrounded by Becca a toys, like she had left them at a tea party the night before.

"Uncle t is the best isn't he!" She shouted.

"Uncle t? okay then." you mumbled knowing that your brother told her to call him that.

***

After a couple hours of playing with Becca she had let you go as she wanted to play by herself. You was still in your pjs so you're wanted to have a shower and get changed.

"Y/n!"Steve's voice made you jump as you was bout to enter your room.

"I didn't think you'd be back yet!" You said hugging him.

"Neither did we, what is on your face?" You had completely forgotten about the bright blue eye shadow that was all over your face and the red lipstick that was smudged around your cheeks and chin.

"Rebecca turned me into a princess." you said and pouted.

"Ah I see she did an amazing job, Bucky told me about the cookies."

"What about them?"

"He thinks Emma made them for him." You opened your room door and motioned for him to come in.

"It's for the best right." You said and walked into your Ensuite and grabbed some make up wipes. Steve followed you and stood against the door way.

"You care about him don't you?"

"Yeah of course I do,"You said wiping the make up off your face. You saw Steve's face in the mirror in front of you. "Not to a fondue level of care," His eyes widened and brows furrowed causing you to smirk.
"Peggy was my god mother, and during the little time I got to spend with her we spoke about you."

"Tony never told me, but I think you do care for him on a fondue level."

"I think he's sweet, funny, kind hearted, attractive, smart one hundred year old man but me and you both know that wouldn't work."

"And why's that?"

" well the biggest reason,he doesn't like me back, to be honest I don't know if he even likes me that much as a friend, he's always snappy to me when he's in mood. And then there's Emma."

"What about Emma?"

"Well she's now buckys ex, that means hands off unless she thinks it's okay, I'm not a backstabber.But that doesn't matter anyway because he doesn't like me back." You said and he nodded.

"Yeah, maybe." Hearing Steve agree with you felt like he had just ripped your heart out and gave it to Bucky who crushed it in his left hand.

"Uhm well if you need me I'm going to have a shower, then read outside until it's dark or until I fall asleep." He smiled and left you in your bathroom to do what you needed to do.

***

You had been sitting on the outdoors day bed for a while now, reading, having conversations with James over call. He said he was feeling much better now and that the doctors said he'd be out in a couple weeks.

It was now almost dark and it was getting quite cold but you didn't mind due to the large blanket on top of you.

"What are you doing out here?" Seeing Bucky walk around the corner put a smile in your face- even though you was still kinda angry at him for snapping at you.

"Working out." You said rolling your eyes and turning the page of your book.

"What are you reading?" You held up the cover of the book for him to see and he just nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets. "I wanted to say sorry, about the other day, I didn't mean-"

"I get it, you was annoyed and I overstepped."

"You didn't though, that's my point I lashed out just because I was angry. I didn't mean to."

You patted the daybed beside you offering him a seat- which he gladly took. "It's fine,I forgive you."

As he sat down you offered him some of the blanket, he looked hesitant at first but he took it and draped it over his legs.

"I feel like we only do that now, we argue and forgive all the time....Steve told me about the cookies." You mentally flipped Steve off and rolled your eyes.

"He did?"

"Yeah he did, you would of made my mum proud, you made them just right."

"As long as you liked them." You said trying not to smile to much.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?" You turned and looked at him from your book.

"I was thinking that maybe-" You shamed yourself for getting so excited about what he was going to say. "Well I know you work in a library sometimes and I just wanted to know if you could take me one day?"

You scoffed under your breath and quickly smiled. "Yeah sure." You said Turing back to your book.

"Thanks y/n! I'm going to go in, I'll see you later."
He said unwrapping his body from the cover and leaning closer to you.

You had no idea what to do so you just sat there mentally screaming at yourself.

What is he doing?

He gently placed a soft kiss on your forehead and quickly walked away. A swarm of butterflies erupted in the pit of your stomach as you still felt his lips lingering on your forehead.