Chapter 23

"Good morning every-oh

"Good morning every-oh."You said walking into the Rec room expecting to see your group of Friends, so when you didn't see anyone it shocked you.

"Yeah that was my reaction." A voice from across the room said making you walk over.

"Where is everyone?"

"Well I know Steve, sam, Nat and Wanda are all on a mission. I have no idea where Rhodey, tony, vision are and Emma took beck to school." Bucky said making a bowl of cereal.

"Oh okay? How's it going with you two anyway?"

"Yeah it's going good." He stopped talking after hearing your mobile ring.

"Sorry," you mumbled and answered. "Hello?"

"Hello is this miss y/n stark?"

"Speaking."

"This is Clara from green oaks," You'd never gotten a call from the nursing home unless it James or the manager. "I understand you are mr James Richardson's emergency contact correct?"

"I am, is everything okay?" You asked feeling your stomach sink with worry. The look of your face must of conveyed the informational Bucky because he was now standing in front of you.

"I'm sorry to say that mr Richardson has been taken to hospital."

"What why? Is he okay? What happened?" You said frantically trying not to panic.

"Last night he suffered a heart attack, I had been told to tell you."

"Oh my god, can you tell me what hospital please?" After the secretary told you what hospital you quickly grabbed your wallet and jacket.

"Emma has your car y/n." Bucky reminded you.

"Can you drive a bike?"

"What?"

"Can you drive a bike? Yes or no Bucky?"

"Of course I can."

***

You had taken Steve's bike, you sitting on the back with your arms around James waist. You couldn't believe what had happened to one of your closest friends. Clara said he was stable and awake now but he was at risk to another that could be worse.

You quickly walked up to the front desk. "Hello, can you please tell me what room mr James Richardson is in?"

"Are you family?" The woman asked.

As you wasn't his real family you'd have to lie. "Yes he is my father" She nodded and turned to Bucky who stood next to you.

"Is he family?"

"Oh-uh not-" Bucky started.

"Yes he's my fiancé." you replied and the woman looked you up and down then nodded.

"Room 16 on the second floor"

"Thank you!" You said and grabbed a hold of buckys jacket arm and started to speed walk trying to find his room.

"Fiancé huh?" Bucky joked.

"Shut it bucky, I need to find James, his family doesn't have much to do with him he's probably alone." You almost growled as you ran up the stairs taking two at a time.

"Y/n your going to run into someone if you don't slow down."

"You can always wait by the bike Barnes!" You snapped and started counting the doors. "11.......12......13.....14......15....... ah here."

You opened the door and saw a small crowd of people who turned their heads to the door.

"Uhm excuse me?" A woman asked, almost immediately you realised she was James daughter Kiera. "What are you doing in here?"

"I'm here to see James, I came as quickly as I could."You said making her look even more confused.

"Your not family, who are you?"

"Y/n dear, hello." James said opening his eyes. You quickly walked over to him and sat on the empty seat.

"I'm so sorry I would of came earlier."You said picking up his hand and gently stroking it.

"It's okay your here now."

"I'm sorry am I missing something? Who the fuck are you?" Kiera asked bitterly.

"I'm y/n, I'm one of your fathers friends, you are Kiera I imagine?" You said.

"Y/n? Dear you wouldn't believe what I saw at the home." he said trying to sit up but stopped.

"What did you see?"

"I saw my Dorothy, she looked stunning."

"You did?" You asked with a light smile.

"She told me I had to come back to see you, she said she wanted me to tell you that she's thankful for everything you've done for me." Your smile only grew.

"I am the one who needs to be thankful. Oh how silly am I? James this is Bucky, Bucky this is James."

"Oh this is the one who-"James started.

"No no no, James! No." you whispered shaking your head as James nodded knowing not to day anything else.

"I have to go, I'll come by later in the week dad." Kiera said gathering her family members.

"Okay." James said and rolled his eyes behind her back.

***

After a while you and Bucky made conversation with James but soon you desperately needed the toilet and to get a coffee for you and Bucky.

Once you arrived back at James room holding two coffee you saw Bucky was sitting in your chair, the one closest to James. They where both talking and smiling.

"I owe you and the captain my life." James said as you opened the door.

"It was all Steve."

"What was?" You asked passing a coffee to bucky.

"Sargent Barnes here and the captain saved my life back when I was in the war, I didn't realise it until
Now, James Barnes was one of the Sargents in my division. The 107th."

"Seriously? It's a small world." You said sitting down on the other chair.

"Y/n can I come with you the next time you visit the home?" Bucky asked causing a smile to spread across your face.

"Of course!"

"Thank you."