Chapter 13

"Here you go Mr Richardson"You said placing the hot tea on the coffee table

"Dear, please call me James, Mr Richardson is too formal" The older man said as you sat on the chair beside him. Lovely tea, dear" he said taking a sip and placing it back down.

"Why thank you, I do consider tea making to be a skill of mine" You said and gently supported him as he sat back.

"I'm 96 doll, I can sit down by myself" He joked and a smile formed on both of your lips.

"I know I just card too much" you said dramatically and he nodded.

"You remind me of my Dorothy. She would of loved you" Dorothy was his wife, she passed when she was 93, only two years ago.

"I wish I got the chance to meet her, she sounds lovely" You places your hand on his for comfort.

"She's the strongest, smartest woman I knew, expect from you dear." A soft sting arrived in your eyes as you saw you vision bur from struggling tears. "Here, look" He pulled out his wallet and showed you an aged picture.

"She's beautiful" You said and felt a couple tears spill out from your eyes. The picture was of James with his arms around her waist, in swim suits, smiling the brightest smiles.

"That's why she's a lot like you, doll"

"Oh you big flirt" you laughed and gently dapped your eyes.

"Can you sing dear?"

"Well of course I can, just not well" you laughed.

"Can you learn a song for me?Only the one, Dorothy's favourite"

"I can definitely try, what one?" He placed his other hand over yours and smiled.

"It's only a paper moon, Ella Fitzgerald. My Dorothy, she would play that Vinyl every morning"

"I will learn it, I promise"

***

At the end of your time in the nursing home you started to drive home, but you the song James asked you about on. You could understand why Dorothy liked it.

You felt bad for James, he's by far one of the nicest, funniest people you knew, how his two children didn't visit him disgusted you. He had told you that they stopped just before their mother died. He had convinced himself she had died from heart break, her children couldn't be bothered to see them.

Sometimes leaving the home would make you feel upset and today was one of those days.

***

"Hey y/n, you okay?" Steve asked as you walked passed his room as he was coming out.

"Yeah I'm fine, do you know where tony is?"