Chapter 31

You stood by yourself with the bag of money, Bucky was only across the street from you, sitting in the car watching you

You stood by yourself with the bag of money, Bucky was only across the street from you, sitting in the car watching you. Your hands wouldn't stop sweating from the nerves no matter how many times you took deep breathes and wiped them on your trousers.

It was too dark for your liking, and combined with the already uneasy feeling you had at the pit of your stomach, the owls and normal wildlife where making you jump every few seconds.

"Y/n?" It was a woman's voice, she sounded almost as uneasy as you. You turned and saw her standing behind you. "I'm sorry, I don't want to do this."

"Then why are you?"

"I don't have a choice." You could see a little from a near by street light that she was untidy. Her hair was put in a loose ponytail, her clothes where dirty, and her make up was smudged. One of her hands tucked into her brown jacket, made you feel even worse, was she hurt or was she holding something.

"If someone is making you do this, you can come with me and I can help you." She obviously didn't want to be there, she'd look over her shoulder and around her every few seconds.

"Just pass needs the bag and we can forget all about this."

"I can help you if you just tell me who's doing this. How did you get the video?"

"Give me the bag."

"Do they have anything going else?" You where testing your luck, and you only regretted that after she revealed her hand. She raised the gun to you, her hands shaking and aiming just above your shoulder. She was inexperienced and scared, you could tell she didn't want to shoot you.

However from where bucky was sat, he only saw her pulling out the gun. From the corner of your eye you saw the car light up as he opened the door. She saw the street light reflected from bucky's arm and lunged coward at you. Grabbing the bag from your hand and attempting to quickly walk away.

As she walked backwards, the gun still pointing at you, She tripped over her self and as she hit the floor so did the loaded gun.

"Y/n!" Bucky watched you fall to the ground and the woman get back on her feet and run away, into a near by car.

Just as he got to you and dropped to his knees he saw you open your eyes and smile. "You got worried."

"Did you get hit? Where's the wound?" He said eyes raking over your body for blood.

"In my leg," You laughed and sat up. "You cared about me."

"Well of course I did, wrap your arms around my neck we need to get you to the- wait there's no blood."

"Finally," You shook your right leg and heard the clanking of broken metal. "It's in my right leg, I don't know how Tony's gonna react to a bullet being lodged into it though."

"Just don't tell him your where with me," He chuckled and you wrapped your arms around his neck, letting him scoop you up. "Are you sure your okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine Bucky, I'm just glad it's all over. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure doll."

"Why do you and Toney not get on well, whenever your in the same room there's just tension."

"You remember the whole thing with the accords?" You nodded. "He still hasn't forgiven me for being the cause of it all."

"Oh, okay. Well maybe I can talk to him about it, he's forgiven Steve and Nat so surely he'll forgive you too?"

"No, no that's okay, he'll come around in his own,"
Bucky helped you into the car, then got in beside you. "Hey what's up?"

"I just wanna go home, sort out my leg and go to bed."

"Let's go then."

***

"Barnes what the fuck have you done to y/n?!" Tony said after seeing you in buckys arms as he walked into his workshop.

"Tony it wasn't his fault, I asked him to help me with shooting and let's just say we had a accident and now my leg happened to be In the way." That's the story you and Bucky went with, even though it was weak.

"Jesus Christ." Your brother sent Bucky a death glare as you was placed on the table.

"Tony for Christ sake just forgive him, you don't give nat and Steve a hard time after the accords." You mumbled propped yourself up with your arms.

"Y/n..." Bucky began.

"No Bucky it's not fair, he shouldn't test you any different then he does with Nat and Steve. Tony...he's innocent, just be civil with him, you both live in the same building for Christ sake." Tony didn't answer but just started to work on your leg.

"James i think it's best if you leave my workshop." That was the response you defiantly didn't expect.

"No bucky stay," You said making james look confused and very uncomfortable.

"Leave Bucky I need to speak to y/n alone." You shook your head.

"Anything you can say in front of me you can say I front of him."

"This is family business y/n. He is not family." Your brothers voice getting sterner and angrier as he spoke.

"Tony don't you dare try and tell me whose my family or not. If I remember rightly your family has always been the avengers-" By now Bucky has left.

"You are such a brat. Oh my god." He pulled out the bullet lodged into your leg and dropped it o to the tray beside me.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I'm so fucking serious right now y/n. Your so..... so inconsiderate. I'm sorry to let you know y/n but the world doesn't revolve around you. You may think it does but it doesn't."

"What the fuck Tony?!"

"We both lost mum and dad, okay? Not just you. You acted- and still do- that you was the only one affected by their death."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I was seven fucking years old Tony. How dare you say that. You left me. I was placed into strangers homes while you carried on being a fucking playboy. I was the poor disabled freak. I wasn't our doing drugs or fucking whatever pretty girl batted her eyelashes at me."

"Oh yes blame me. Blame the man who gave you everything you fucking have. Blame me the last family member you have."

"Your unbelievable," He had finished your leg and you had jumped off the table. "If you think I'm such a brat I'll move out and you won't have to see me ever again okay? I don't need this Tony."

"But you need cocaine?"

The breath escaped your lungs. "What?"

"You don't need me do you y/n? You just need that shit don't you? I got the fucking email too y/n. Even if I didn't get that email I'd still find out." He pulled his screen up from his laptop, which was on the table beside him, and pushed the image into the air.

"What?.......no." The image was multiple newspaper headlines.

Y/n stark gone wild.
What happened to America's miracle child y/n stark?
What happened to our beloved y/n stark?
Another stark child tainted by drugs.