Chapter 11

"You okay?" Emma got up and walked next to him

"You okay?" Emma got up and walked next to him. He looked up and immediately locked eyes with you.

***
Bucky PoV

Her expression was something that made my stomach twist and heart sink. She had started to chew on the inside of her cheek and look around while hiding her right leg behind her left.

"I'm fine" I mumbled and looked into y/n's e/c eyes. I turned to face Emma and smiled a little but quickly moved out of her way and left the now tense room.

I needed fresh air to clear my head. Her living here is going to be horrible, not only did I kill her parents, while she was there but she also is a fellow amputee. And I have a sickening feeling that I caused it.

I stood outside and took a few deep breaths trying to calm my nerves. It was impossible to be in the same room and not want to tell her. It feels worse then even thinking about betraying Tony.

The door opened behind me and I guessed it would be Emma, Sam or Steve but it's wasn't.

***
Your PoV

"Bucky?Have I offended you?" You asked closing the door behind you. He didn't answer he just stared out across the grass. "Please tell me if I did"

"No you didn't"

"Then what have I done? If my leg made you uncomfortable, I-uh I'm Sorry" He turned and looked at you over his shoulder. He looked down and noticed you was now wearing pants and socks.

"It doesn't"

"Then please tell me what I have done, I'm trying to be okay with you because I know you like Emma and she likes you so throw me a bone" You folded your arms over your chest trying to hold in any warmth you had left.

"Ho- how did you loose it?" His voice was almost impossible to read, his tone mixed with fear,sadness and anger.

"My leg? I was in a car crash when I was seven" He closed his eyes and took in a large breath. "Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry"

"No it's okay. But are we okay? I just don't want things to be awkward if you and Emma, you know? She is my best friend and I class Rebecca as my own. So can we put whatever this was behind us?" You asked feeling like you had been ranting for ages.

"I'm sorry"

"It's good. It's a fresh start" you unfolded your arms and reached forward. "I'm y/n"

A small smile formed on his lips and he reached out. "Bucky" He gently shook your hand and you nodded.

"Now, Let's go inside before we both die of hypothermia" He nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets as you opened the door.

***

After getting ready for bed you looked around your new room. Nothing about the room looked cosy, nothing about it looked like you. There was no colour other then the green potted plant that was on the windowsill originally. You felt out of place.

You spent at least an hour tossing and turning before you realised you probably want going to get any sleep or at least very little. You got up and walked out of your room down one of the depressing, Grey corridors. You didn't know where you was gonna go so, you just put your two headphones in and stuffed your hands into the robe you was wearing.

The first song ended and you found yourself at another corridor. Luckily your favourite song came on. You couldn't help but move your arms and legs to the beat of the music. You knew everyone would be asleep due to the time.

As you went around the corner you felt yourself collide with something hard. As you fell backwards you also felt that your fluffy robe was now soggy and wet.

"Ow" You groaned and roughly pulled your headphones out of you ears. Looking up to see what you collided with, you saw Bucky, his top also wet he had a now empty glass in his hand.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" You said and stood up.

"It's fine" He said with a gloomy voice and sighed. Before you could say anything else, he started to walk back towards the kitchen area, where he had just come from.

"Hey?" You started to follow him. "You alright?"

"Mmhmm" He filled up his cup once more and went to walk past you.

"Right. Clearly not a morning person. Noted" You whispered and causing him to stop and turn to you.

"It's 3am!?" He yawned.

"Yeah, I know. I haven't slept so for me it's  early morning. But goodnight" You said filling another glass up with water.

"You haven't slept?"

"Nope" You smiled and took sip.

"Why?" His eyebrows furrowed as his nose crinkled in confusion.

"Can't sleep" You quickly finished the glass of water and put it in the sink, so you could wash it up in the morning.

"Oh"

"Goodnight"

"Yeah, night" He walked away and left you in the kitchen.

***

"Y/n? Wake up!"

"Jeez Steve, I don't think she's gonna wake up to that soft mother voice of  yours, you gotta go......Yo! Y/n? GET UP!"

"Fv mr mnuts "

"She it works, I don't really know what she said. But she's communicating."

"What a nice way to wake up someone up Sam"

"Shhhhh" You groaned and felt around you looking for something soft, until you landed on a pillow. You quickly grabbed it and shoved it on your head.

"No y/n, wake up, I wanna sit and eat my cereal!" Sam whined as Steve picked the cushion and flung it onto the other sofa.

"Fine!" You groaned and sat up allowing Sam to sit where your feet where. "What time is it?" You rubbed your face realising staying up was a bad idea.

"Seven"

"Oh! Noo, mhmmhhhhhhh!"

"You don't like seven? What's up with the number seven" Sam asked eating a spoon full of cereal.

"No, I have only been asleep for two hours"

"What why?" You watched Steve as his eyes widened and sat in the couch next to you.

"I couldn't sleep" you yawned.