Chapter 12

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"

"Woah! Slow down y/n!" Steve said as you ran past him.

"I can't! I'm going to be late" You groaned and picked up your bag and coat.

"Where are you going?" He asked slowly and calmly, it made you angry how slow he was doing everything.

"I have therapy! I missed my last session and I need to go today. Where are my car keys?!"You said patting down your body. Then looking around panicked.

"What's up with her?" Sam asked walking in calmly with Bucky behind him.

"She's late to an appointment, she can't find her keys. I would take you but my bikes out of gas" Steve said to you and the other boys.

"I'm going down to the VA in a minute so I can't go" Sam said making you sigh a little.

"I-" Bucky cleated his throat. "I can take you, if you want, just tell me when"

"Really?" You and Steve said at the same time.

"Well yeah, I guess, I mean I was going out anyway" He said pushing both hands into his pockets.

"Oh? Uhm yes please can we go now I'm really running late" You asked putting in your coat and putting your bag over your shoulder.

"Sure"

***
The car ride was awkward to say the least. He didn't really talk he only asked for the directions. He sat beside you resting his left elbow on the window and his hand on his forehead.

"What's the appointment for? If your comfortable telling me" He asked and sent you a glance.

"Therapy session, I missed my last one due to the move. So I really need to go to this one"

He nodded. "Well, is this it?" He asked and you nodded.

"Thanks so much buck"You said and quickly unclipped your seatbelt.

"Wait. Y/n?" He said leaning over to look at you through the open window.

"Yeah?"

"How long is your session?"

"An hour why?"

"Okay, your not gonna have much time left, go" You nodded and waved and quickly ran inside the building.

***
third person

Secretly Bucky had hoped she decline his offer but he didn't mind now he was there. He lied about going out in the first place, he didn't know what took over him to make him ask her but he did. Even if Stark was annoyed at him, he was doing something good. He pulled out his phone and texted steve asking if he needed anything from the supermarket.

He had an hour to kill so he thought he should spend it on getting what he needed.

He walked around the shop with the basket in his left hand and the shopping list in his right. He hoped no one would recognise him as the winter soldier so he just kept his eyes down and every so often he would tilt his cap.

He managed to get everything he needed, blue berries, black berries, dark chocolate, sunflower seeds, salmon and plums and was back in tile to pick up y/n.

***
Your PoV

Pulling your phone from your pocket, you started to dial the cab service number.  A car horn startled you causing you to look up.

"Bucky?" You asked yourself as he was to far away to here.You walked over to the car and opened the front door and sat inside. "You didn't need to wait"

"Thanks Bucky" he mumbled and started the car.

"Sorry" you rubbed your face. "Thank you"

"Rough session?" He asked and watched you nod from the corner of his eye. "You okay?" He asked glancing at you and seeing your eyes red and mascara smudges under your eyes.

"No, not really." You sighed and shoved your two books in your bag.

"They ask you to write?" He said his voice low and relaxed.

"Only when I feel like I can't talk to anyone"

"Why do you have two?" He pried, normally you would feel uncomfortable to be talking this much but to you it felt almost natural.

"Because they are both full"

"Oh. I'm sorry"

"Don't be, my turn"

"Your what?" He asked screwing up his face and looking at you.

"My turn. To ask a question" You said trying to get the conversation topic off your mental illness.

"Right?"

"Why do you wear a glove? Ever since I've been here you always wear it on your left hand" You said and noticed his body stiffen and he looked around like he was looking for something.

"Oh uhm"

"It's okay, I'm sorry I shouldn't of been so disrespectful" You had clearly opened an old wound.

"No, I -I uh don't have my left arm" It took you a second to realise what he meant.

"Your an amputee?like me?" You tried your best to keep the excitement to a minimum, but you had never met anyone else who was also an amputee.

"Yeah, next question" he coughed. He was probably expecting you to ask how he lost it but you knew, first hand what it felt like to speak about it when you didn't want to.

"When did you meet Becca?"

"What? I mean a couple days before we met. Why?"

"She drew you when we came back after Tony fixed my leg. I thought you was one of her imaging friends" You chuckled and he let out a quiet laugh.

"Thank you Bucky, really" you said getting out the car.

"No problem" A quick smile was displayed on his face but was washed away only seconds later and he entitled the facility with you walking slowly behind him.