Chapter 10

Today was the last day you had in your apartment, Emma and Becky had already gone to the facility meaning you had woken up alone

You walked around your empty, cold apartment, taking everything in for the last time. All the furniture was gone and moved over to Tony's so last night you just slept in a sleeping bag.

The rooms all looked so big and ugly without the decorations like becks drawings or Emma's collection of teddy bear ornaments.

You walked to the door and picked up both sets of keys that you was going to be giving to the landlord.
Sighing you opened the front door and walked out, and closed the door behind you and locked it.

"Hey, morning" Gemma, your now old neighbour said with a sad smile. You and Emma had invited her around a couple times in the past for drinks and she swiftly became a close friend of yours.

"Morning. I guess that's the last tile we will say that for a while" you laughed and she nodded.

"Yeah, I'll miss hearing beck run up and down the corridor laughing" she said and looked down at the sleeping bag in your arms. "Did you sleep on that?"

"Yeah, I wanted my last night in there you know?"

"Yeah, I know, well I have to go inside and clean up a mess Tessa made" Tessa was her three year old daughter who also was one of becks friends.

"Sure thing, I'll speak to you...sometime" you said and she nodded while entering her apartment.

Walking down the stairs the realisation of it all started to sink in. It soon became difficult to swallow due to the dryness of your mouth. You gave your old landlord both sets of keys and left the apartment building.

You heard three beeps on a car horn and you saw Natasha waving to you out of the window. You asked her to pick you up because Emma had taken your car up to Your new 'home'.

***

After spending the past three hours unpacking all of your stuff, you had given up and decided to do the rest tomorrow. You had a hot bath and changed into pjs. You wanted to just relax, your room was now set up as you wanted except the multiple junk boxes and clothes boxes left.

A couple taps at your door caused you to jump a little, but you quickly called them in.

"Mummy wants to see you" Becca said and you stood up.

"Where is she sweetie?"

"In the fun room! She's with uncle Stevie and Bucky" She said and danced around in the doorway.

"Okay, come on then" Rebecca took your hand and quickly started pulling you in the direction to what you guessed was the recreational room (fun room).

When you got into the Rec room you saw Emma and Bucky sitting quite close while Steve was on the other side of the sofa with Sharon under one of his arms.

Everyone's attention was on you as you walked in but you noticed how the laughing Bucky now looked infuriated with you there.

You looked at Steve who also had seen Bucky's mood change. The door opened behind you causing you to turn and see Nat and Wanda. "Hey buck, why don't we leave these girls alone for a bit?" Steve said giving Sharon a kiss on the top of her head and sitting up.

"Yeah shoo, we need some well deserved girly time" Wanda said taking Steve's seat.

"Yeah okay" Bucky got up and left the room with Steve.

"Emma, why don't we get the wine out?" You said causing her to nod and stand up all while exchanging Cautious looks with the rest of the girls. That was the first proper thing you had said to her in a while.

"White or red girls?" Emma asked as you both walked behind the bar.

"Red" Nat replied making Wanda and Sharon nod in agreement.

"Can I have red wine mummy?" Becca asked.

"Not today baby, here you can have this" Emma opened one of the fridges and grabbed a apple juice carton and topped it in a plastic wine glass.

"Ooo thank you"

"Can we talk?" Emma asked as Becca returned to the couch.

"Yeah"

"Y/n, I'm really super sorry, I know I messed up but I miss having my best friend. I really am sorry"

"You haven't lost me, you dumbass. I was just mad, but its okay I forgive you. You did what you thought was best, just so happens it wasn't" She pulled you into a hug and a couple "awwws" come from the girls.

"Where's the wine!"Nat called out and you quickly grabbed two bottles and some glasses. You made sure to also bring lemon aid for Wanda as you didn't want her to get drunk, she was still classed as underage.

***

After your third glass you had felt a little drunk not enough where you couldn't function but the right amount. Sharon was painting Wanda's nails, Becca was in bed, Nat was playing a round with the music and you where all dancing around like children.

You had all changed into shorts and tops because it was so hot from all the physical activity but you where all enjoying yourself.

Steve opened the door with a large grin with Sam and Bucky behind him. "Hey girls" He said and walked behind the bar.

"Looks like fun, can I join in this slumber party?" Sam said winking at you all. Everyone laughed at his comment and Nat and you carried in dancing with the wine glasses still in hand.

"Ooo I know what song to put on next" You said and walked out from behind the sofa towards the Emma's phone.

"Hey......buck?.......Bucky?" Emma said until he answered.

"Huh?" You put on the song you wanted and turned back to the group.

Bucky was staring directly at you leg, not only was he making you a little self conscious but also very self aware.

"You okay?" Emma got up and walked next to him. He looked up and immediately locked eyes with you.