Chapter 9

"

".... it was terrible......no I know I'm just worried... yes, but your not here for those....then tell me what to do?"Entering the living room Emma was standing hunched over a tad, facing the window.

"Morning" You groaned causing her to turn and see you.

"Good morning..... I'll call you later"She sighed and rubbed her eyes with her palms.

"Who was that?" You dropped yourself over the side of the couch.

"Uhm, it was, uh" you sent her a look and she sighed once more and lifted your legs off the couch allowing her to sit down.  "It was Tony. Please don't be mad"

"I'm not, I just wish you would of waited for me to get up, Rhodey told me it worry's him, like a lot"

"It worry's all of us y/n. Last night was not okay"

"No I know, I just thought I had been less stressed, I don't know what caused it. But why did you call Tony anyway? You never call him you make me call him."

"I was worried"She avoided all eye contact and her fingers that where resting on your lap staring to link together.

"Your lying, what's happened?" You asked sitting up and looking at her.

"I was going to tell you honestly"

"What?"

"Read it" She pushed her hand down the sofa between the cushions and pulled out a creased envelope. On the front of the envelope the words, Urgent and confidential written in red.

"W-what is this?" You asked and pulled the letter from the open envelope. It was an eviction notice.

"We have Thirty days, both my job and your job at the library isn't enough to pay for this place." She sighed.

"So, when was you going to tell me?" You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked up at her.

"I was going to wait until you was going to be in a clear mind set"

"Seriously? We could of asked tony if we could borrow money, are you insane? I let you move in with me, this letter is addressed to me and you hid it?"

"I'm sorry. I really am I just- Tony offers to pay but when I spoke to the landlord he said he had enough, and there had been past complaints from neighbours"

"Oh about what?"

"Screaming and shouting in the early hours of the morning" Your stomach dropped and you nodded. You didn't realise people could hear you having nightmares.

"Where are we going to go? Fuck!" You rubbed your face then ran your fingers through your hair.

"Tony has Spare rooms, he spoke to everyone and he said we are welcome to stay for as long his as we need" Emma said.

"Where are we going mummy?" A small tired voice said from the hall way. Rebecca was standing rubbing her eyes. Her hair looked like she had just been electrocuted.

You looked at Emma who looked stunned, she didn't know what to say without breaking her daughters heart.

"We have to move houses baby" Emma said and watched as her daughters face dropped and her eyes widened.

"But why?"

"Because we can't look after this house anymore"

***

The rest of the week you had spent giving Emma a cold shoulder, you had every right to. She didn't tell you that YOUR home wasn't being paid for.

Now you was packing up your garage, you had asked Steve to help you because you couldn't lift some things yourself.

"I'm sorry about bringing Bucky, he asked to come help Emma" Steve said sorting through a box of un used cutlery.

"It's okay, I don't mind, he's the one who has the issue with me" You said and started moving random boxes full of yours and Emma's things. "Here can you help me with this?" You asked pointing to a black cupboard that was surrounded in junk.

"Sure" he put down the box he was holding and started to help move the items around the cupboard.
"I don't want to take sides, but you can't ignore Emma forever" You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "You shouldn't disrespect your elders y/n, but seriously she did what she thought was best"

"Well she thought wrong, I let her move in with me, and she hid it from me. Your mr moral authority so tell me, how is that okay?"

He sighed and looked down. "I just think-" he sighed cutting himself off. "it's not but being the bigger person and forgiving her is"

"Yeah maybe grandpa, on three we lift?" He nodded and got ready to lift the cupboard.

"You know I lift cars right? And helicopters" he said smirking.

"Shut up and lift" You both lifted the cupboard up and over the items that you had just moved. Looking over at Steve you saw him looking at the tarp covering a box.

"What's under that?" He asked and walked over to it.

"Take if off and see"You mumbled and he ripped off the tarp causing dust to fly up. He coughed and wiped the glass box underneath with his sleeve to see Inside.

"You still have it?" He looked down at the suit in the glass box.

"Of course, you never know if I need to wear it again."

"The last time you wore it was new York right?"

"Yeah, I hope I never have to again" you laughed and he covers the suit up. You had helped Nat, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Steve and your brother when Loki attacked in 2012. After Tony made himself a suit he thought you should have one, almost as a security thing.

After the attack people wanted to know who the 'iron girl' was so you started to collect different names but none sat right with you. Until you heard a child call you H/n on the news, and that one stuck. But you wasn't a hero at all, far from it, but if you had to take on H/n once more, to help, you would.

*H/n -hero name*