xx. the betrayal

  MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN! was front the headline in the daily prophet, following the escape of bellatrix lestrange and other prisoners from azkaban

it had everyone on edge, almost preparing for something worse to happen.

   ever since christmas evening, hermione and paris had an unspoken discussion about what they were to eachother. meaning that although they had spoken about their feelings, they hadn't discussed what they were to eachother.

"make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember! allow it to fill to up!" harry exclaimed, as he and paris wandered around the room, helping everyone cast their patronus charms.

"a full body patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents!" paris explained.

"fantastic, ginny!" harry grinned widely, watching as her horse patronus galloped about the room. "just remember, your patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused, so focus!"

hermione's otter glided around her, and she giggled, spinning around with it.

"you want some help, neville?" paris asked the struggling boy, who was losing faith.

he nodded, embarrassed. "i am trying."

"i know you are, nev. don't worry, you're doing great, just think of the happiest thing you can!"

"can you show me?"

the brunette girl nodded, raising her wand. "expecto patronum." she cast, and a blue otter shot out of the end of her wand.

"i thought your patronus was a fox?" hermione asked, turning around to watch. "not an otter, like mine."

"looks like an otter to me." seamus butt in.