xxxvi. return to grimmauld place

    HERMIONE AND PARIS WERE PULLED away from eachother as a throng of guests began to desperately flee

   HERMIONE AND PARIS WERE PULLED away from eachother as a throng of guests began to desperately flee. paris rushed towards her uncle, who ushered her away.

"i'll be okay!" mercutio shouted to his niece over the panicking crowd. "go with hermione and the boys, okay? get safe!"

"paris?" hermione cried. "paris, where are you?" she pushed her way across the dance floor, and paris rushed towards her to hold her—and they were soon joined by harry and ron, who grabbed onto them too, allowing them to disapparate with a large cracking sound.

they found themselves in the middle of the bustling streets of london, narrowly darting out of the way to avoid a red double decker bus squashing them flat.

"where are we?" ron asked urgently as they weaved throughout the crowd of people.

"shaftsbury avenue." hermione explained. "i used to come to the theatre here with mum and dad. i don't know why i thought of it— it just popped into my head." she led them through to an alleyway, digging through her bag. "this way. we need to change."

"how the hell..?" paris furrowed her eyebrows as the girl pulled out a heap of clothes from the small bag.

"undetectable extension charm."

"god, i'm lucky. you're amazing, you are."

hermione smiled at her, and then there was a large thud echoing from inside the bag. "ah— that'll be the books."

"WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE WEDDING?" harry asked worriedly as they all sat around a table in an empty cafe. "don't you think we should go back?"

"they're after you, mate." ron shook his head. "we'd put everyone in danger by going back."

"ron's right."