xxiv. divine minds

"DON'T WORRY, I'M SURE HE'LL TURN UP IN A MINUTE

"DON'T WORRY, I'M SURE HE'LL TURN UP IN A MINUTE." ron shrugged, as he continued to chow down on his dinner.

  hermione looked over at paris expectantly, but she too was busy thinking about her stomach, and was dishng out a slice of pie.

    "will. you. stop. eating!" she hit them both with her book in irritation.

"never heard that from a girl before." paris mumbled, before going back to her pie.

"paris! ron! your bestfriend is missing!" she scolded.

"oi! turn around, you lunatic." ron rolled his eyes, pointing at harry who was walking towards them, holding tissue at his nose.

"he's covered in blood again." ginny sighed. "why is it he's always covered in blood?"

"dunno, but i'm glad it's not mine." paris said.

"looks like it's his own this time." ron added.

"where have you been?" hermione asked firmly as harry swung his leg around the bench. "and what happened to your face?"

"later." harry dismissed. "what have i missed?"

"the sorting hat has urged us to be brave and strong during these troubled times." ron explained. "easy for it to say, innit? it's a hat."

paris shrugged. "it's right, though."

      "very best of evenings to you all," dumbledore began to adress the students, making everyone quieten down. "first off, allow me to introduce our newest member of staff... horace slughorn." everyone began to applaud. "professor slughorn has agreed to resume his old post as potions master. meanwhile, the post for defence against the dark arts will be taken by professor snape."